XXXIV

Guy: "Father, during the war I allowed a Jewish refugee to live in my attic"

Priest: "Well, I do not see anything wrong with that. You helped a poor soul survive the war"

Guy: "But Father, I collected rent from him for every week that he stayed"

Priest: "Well, that is not a good deed, but it was for a good cause, so that is fine."

Guy: "... but Father.... should I tell him the war is over?"

"But you know, the longer you listen to this abortion debate, the more you hear this phrase "sanctity of life." You've heard that, "sanctity of life." You believe in it? Personally, I think it's a bunch of shit. Well, I mean, life is sacred? Who said so? God? Hey, if you read history, you realize that God is one of the leading causes of death, has been for thousands of years. Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians, all taking turns killing each other because God told them it was a good idea. The sword of God, the blood of the lamb, vengeance is mine, millions of dead motherfuckers, all because they gave the wrong answer to the God question: "Do you believe in God?" "No." Boom! Dead. "Do you believe in God?" "Yes..." "Do you believe in my God?" "No." Boom! Dead. "My god has a bigger dick than your god!"

-George Carlin (Back In Town)