Agree to Disagree

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

It had taken approximately sixteen hours—if not less—to transport Sam, Steve, Marlena, T'Challa, and Bucky to Berlin from Bucharest. It was a relatively quiet ride for the most part; most of it was spent sleeping, especially for Marlena.

The suppressors seemed to be more potent now than they ever had been before, leaving Marlena in an unconscious state for a longer period of time. She hadn't woken once since they had left Romania, and that worried both Sam and Steve more than they cared to admit. Steve could recall times in which Tony had used the suppressors on her, and she had fallen unconscious due to the fact the serum literally drained her of her energy, but she had never been under for so many hours at a time. He just hoped she woke up before they reached the facility; he hated watching members of the police force drag her unconscious body around as if she were some rag doll, especially when he knew he could do nothing about it.

Steve sat quietly in his seat beside T'Challa, gazing out the window at the beautiful city of Berlin. He wished he was there under different circumstances, but he knew he had brought this on himself. He didn't care, however, as he would go to the ends of the earth for Bucky Barnes. Bucky was all Steve had left of his old life—the life that had been taken away from him seventy years ago—and he was willing to do whatever it took to prevent Bucky from being taken away from him.

"So, you like cats?" Sam's voice sounded, jarring Steve from his thoughts.

"Sam." Steve shook his head, unsure if he was going to be able to handle Sam's sarcastic remarks at a time like this.

"What?" Sam retorted. "Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?"

Steve thought for a moment before glancing over at T'Challa. "Your suit. . .it's vibranium?"

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations," T'Challa started, glancing over at Steve before fixing his attention straight ahead. "A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. Now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you as both warrior and king—how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

Steve simply looked at him, unable to formulate a proper response.

Beside Sam, Marlena was slowly beginning to wake up. Her eyes fluttered open slowly, though as she remembered the reasoning for her unconscious state in the first place, she shot up and took a deep breath, earning the attention of the three men in the van with her. The first thing she noticed as she came to her senses were the very bulky metallic restrictions around both of her hands, leaving not a single part of her hands exposed. She had also been changed out of her supersuit as well, leaving her in her black leather jacket, a white shirt, black skinny jeans, and her black ankle booties—the outfit she had originally worn to Bucharest before changing into her suit. She wondered who had changed her, but she was far more concerned with the binds on her hands.