Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen
                              ~~~~~ Rachael - lunch with the best friend ~~~~~

The call had been unexpected. Rachel hadn't spoken to  him in years. She had lost contact with him  after high school and never heard of him again, until a few minutes ago. When hearing Aaron's voice on the other side of the phone, she was speechless. 

Next thing she knew, Rachael found herself driving to meet him at her favorite cafe.

The anxiety finally kicked in as she turned off the car. Aaron had been her best friend. He was like a big older brother, always protecting her from anyone who dared hurt her. All the memories started to come back putting a smile on Rachael's face. 

She got out of her car and started to walk inside. She locked her car and put the keys inside her purse.
The inside of the cafe held the coffee smell Rachael loves and reason for coming to the cafe in the first place. The place was simple and elegantly decorated. The light captures and emphasizes the beauty of the place. People sat in the tables or booths talking to each other enjoying a coffee and bread. Some were on their phone or computer doing business.

"Rachel!" his voice filled air around her. She turned to the direction of the voice and saw Aaron standing with a huge grin on his face staring at her up and down. 

Rachael walked up to him and gave him a hug. "I missed you" She whispered in his ear. Aaron smiled and let her go. "I missed you too, peanut."

Rachael laughed at him. She hasn't been called peanut in years. But of course Aaron would remember, he's the one started the nickname. "I will always hate you for that." Rachael said half joking. It was not cute for a cheerleader to be called peanut. It just isn't cute at all.

"hey it's not my fault you loved peanuts so much. You even brought them on our date. Man I wanted to kill those damn peanuts!" Aaron frowned at Rachael jokingly. 

Rachael laughed out loud remembering the horrible date. She liked Aaron but she didn't like like him. Throughout the whole date Rachael had been nervous and afraid that their friendship might end if the date didn't go well. She tried her best to hide her shaking hands but nothing seemed to work, so she took out the peanuts she had in her purse and played with them eating a few once in a while. They did the trick but she then paid the consequences. From that day forward she became known as 'peanut girl' which indeed did not go well for her reputation. 

"I thought that if I ruined the date, you wouldn't want to be my friend ever again."

Aaron looked at Rachael in disbelief. "Rachael you could have grown an extra eye and I would still be your friend."

Rachael hugged him tighter than ever. She missed her best friend.  

"how have you been?" Aaron asked her pulling out of the hug. His eyes full of concern. 
"I'm happy, Aaron." 

A smile came upon both their faces. Rachael didn't have to try so hard, It was easy talking to Aaron. She had really missed him.

"I heard you married that nerd. What was his name? Oh Mike!" Aaron said jokingly. Rachael punched him hard in his right  arm. Aaron flinched and rubbed his sore arm.

"Hey! he's my nerd, and yes I'm happily married to 'the nerd'." Rachael smiled as she remembered her wedding. 

The white dress, the father daughter dance, the exchanging of vows, the first dance, the first time Mike called her "Mrs. Smith", she experienced it all in her wedding. The day was perfect. Mike was handsome in his black tux anxiously waiting for the bride that was an hour late.

"I was late for my own wedding. Mike kept pacing back and forth rambling that I chickened out. That I didn't love him." Aaron pulled a chair out motioning Rachael to sit down. Rachael put her purse on the back of the chair and sat down facing Aaron.

"I walked straight up Mike carrying my dress, and slapped him across the face." Aaron laughed as Rachael continued. "Everyone was surprised including Mike. I grabbed him by the collar and looked at him straight in the eyes." 

The waitress came with Rachael's coffee and lemon pie. "thank you Maxine," the waitress smiled and excused herself. Rachael loved the fact that she didn't have to wait in the long lines. The people in the cafe knew what she liked and how she liked it, all she had to do was sit down.

"Well, what happened? I can picture Mike's scared face." Aaron was on the edge of his seat waiting for Rachael to continue.

"I told him that if he ever says that I don't love him ever again that I would make sure he ends up eight feet underground. He just nodded his head and looked like he was going to pee his pants." Aaron was on the verge of crying from laughter. He grabbed the table for support and clenched his stomach. 

Everyone turned to them curious. Rachael shook her head. This was the guy she missed, this was her best friend Aaron.

"why were you late?" he asked after he finally settled down.

"i was late because we were first stuck in traffic and second because I umm... Got nervous." Aaron raised his eyebrow causing Rachael to look down in embarrassment.

"I made my bridesmaids drive in circles around the church until I got it together. We were going to announce our arrival when I heard Mike saying that I didn't love him. I got furious so I opened the church doors as hard as I possibly could. Everyone turned to me and watched as I went to mike fuming."

Rachael spent the next minutes talking about everything under the sun with Aaron. When she looked at her watch, it was 3:45 pm.

"we have been talking for three hours straight." Rachael stated. 

"oh God! She's going to kill me." Aaron quickly got up. He got both his keys and phone out of his pockets.

"wait a minute. Who is going to kill you?" Rachael asked him getting up as well.

“My wife.” Mike smiled a shy smile as he put his jacket on. Rachael looked at him in disbelief. Aaron is Married? He settled down?

"Don't look at me like that!" Aaron said eying Rachael. "I'll have you know that I’m quite a catch and a ladies man." 

Rachael laughed at her best friend. "so who's the unfortunate girl?" Aaron punched Rachael in the arm playfully. A huge grin appeared on his face as he saw Rachael impatiently waiting his answer.

"That’s for me to know and for you to find out." With that said Aaron hugged Rachael and gave her a kiss on the cheek. he said his good bye and left a curious Rachael behind.

~~~~~

"Mike!" Rachael ran up to her husband and jumped him wrapping her legs on his waist. Mike stumbled back a little barely caching her. Mike laughed at her actions and kissed her. After a while Rachael untangled her legs from his waist and went to sit in a chair.

"Do you have time for lunch Mr. Smith?" 

Mike sat down on his desk chair and smiled. He loved it when Rachael played with him. It showed him exactly why he loves her so much."Of course Mrs. Smith." he responded getting a glare from Rachael. Unlike Mike, Rachael hated to be called Mrs. Smith.

"well then, I hope you enjoy your lunch Mr. Smith,” Rachael got up and started to leave angry at her husband. Mike immediately got up and ran to the door closing it behind him. “Mike if you value your life then I suggest you move.” Mike knew that Rachael was serious, her face indicated it. In a moment of courage, Mike grabbed Rachael by the waist and pulled her body to his. Like he expected, Rachael fought to get out of his grasp.

“I was remembering our wedding today,” Mike said between kisses. “I remembered you walking down that aisle ready to kill me. I remembered thinking that even when you wanted to kill me, you are still beautiful and breathtakingly stunning.” Mike pushed their bodies backwards while talking.

“I met up with Aaron today. We also talked about our weeding.” Rachael said suddenly. Mike didn't stop kissing her. He knew they were friends.

“is that right?” Mike said in a husky whisper.

Soon Mike got Rachael and sat her down on his desk. The kisses were getting intense. They both knew where this was going, yet they couldn't stop it nor wanted to. They did not have to worry about anybody seeing them since mike always had his blinds closed. Their hands were moving along each others bodies in an almost synchronizing manner. They knew each other better then they knew themselves.

“Mr. Smith You have a....” The secretary stopped dead in her tracks. Mike quickly got his hands out of Rachael's shirt and untangled his body from hers. Rachael fixed herself and got down the table with Mike's help. “I'm so sorry I thought you were umm... I.. umm.. I'll umm leave.” The girl quickly ran out the door making sure that this time it were locked.

Rachael punched Mike in the stomach causing him to bend over in pain. “Now you are defiantly eating alone."
Mike gasped for breath. After a few more deep breaths he was almost back to normal. “This was so not just mu fault.” He went up to Rachael again hoping that she wouldn't punch him again. This time Rachael put her hand up stopping him before he could even get two steps close. “If you ever want me here again I suggest you back away before all hell breaks loose.” At this Mike smiled a devious smile and kissed Rachael in a way that drove her crazy.

All lunch plans were thrown out the window. They had each other.... for lunch.

~~~~~

I told you i would upload! i promise that i won't take as long next time.

let me know what you think.

I had a rough couple weeks. My aunt died which was horrible. I got really ill. I passed the virus to my girl, she was pissed. :( And to top it off, our computer crashed. I'm way better so I yes I will not leave you guys hanging unless something unimaginable happens to me. Here's hoping that none of that happens. :)

soooooo.....

Will Alex and Ismael be together? 

Do you want Kylie to find love in another person?

And most importantly, Do i continue or not?

-Alba Luz :^)