Chapter 31

I took a deep breath finally able to relax. I've been panicking for the last few hours hoping it would work and now I was finally able to relax.

There was no fear in her, maybe a little nervousness but, for the most part, she was calm. Since she walked down the aisle to me and accepted my hand she's been calm and that was the best feeling. Knowing just my touch had such an effect on her.

Now it was official to the world and we were celebrating it happily even though we were being pulled in two directions. Her from her friends and family and me from staff and friends.

I watched her go around speaking to everyone. It's been so long since she's seen everyone that it would take a bit of time before she was finished. Conversations were brief but, I wouldn't push her to do more than she could. She was doing great though.

Seeing Sarah, Harry, Sophie, and the others on guard without making it so obvious definitely helped as well. Don't know what I would do without them.

A glass of champagne was passed to me and I turned to see Sarah smiling. I returned it taking it without a thought and drinking it down. Maybe I needed to relax more.

"It seemed to work for her" she said looking over to my beautiful wife smiling and catching up with everyone. I nodded agreeing with her. "What did you say when you compelled her?" Sarah asked curiously and I just shrugged looking at her.

"Just told her she would be okay, everybody messes up" I said looking back over her not regretting my choice to compel her. She just needed a push to trust herself.

"She's strong enough to fight the urge and she's not alone. If I thought she wasn't able, I would have pushed the wedding back"

"Why didn't you just compel her to forget?" she asked confused. She would have no recollection of what happen and what could happen again.

"I don't want her to forget she fought it before and can do it again. I just wanted her to stop hating herself. Once she does that I feel like she'll have more faith in herself" I explained turning to see Sarah smiling hard.

"What?"

"I know why you two are together now" she said excited making me roll my eyes but, I did want to know. What she thought of it. She has seen us from the beginning fighting and all.

"Why?" "You two bring out the best in each other. You were never this nice and had the shortest temper until you met her. Kind of heartless might I add" I started laughing.

She was right, I didn't care. I did what I wanted, I had no regrets. I heard about mating but, did I expect someone to come in and change my whole outlook on life? Never.

She was my first priority. She was my everything.

"I'm serious and she seemed really alone, antisocial, unsure of everything, but yet very stubborn. She's definitely changed. She's happy, less stubborn, more open to things, know what she wants and has someone who cares about her" she said proud.

I smiled nodding. "I'm not the only one. You've helped a lot and I could say from both of us that we appreciated it, more than you can imagine. Thank you sis" I said pulling her in for a hug and she laughed hugging me back.

Pretty sure if Sarah and Harry weren't here, this whole process would have been a hell of a lot harder for us.

All that mattered was that we were here now. She was mine and I was hers for the rest of eternity. I couldn't help but smile remembering that. I had her.

Mind replayed that happy moment over and over...

"Carter do you take Cameron to be your husband?" she looked over to me smiling but brown eyes full of tears. Tears of joy "I do" she said trying her best to hold in tears but, a few slipped. I wiped them quickly impatiently waiting for him to continue. I just wanted to say yes. I wanted to be with her that's it. It felt like forever before I could finally say it.

"I do" I whispered not breaking eye contact.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" She quickly pulled me down kissing me making chuckle but happily kissed with all I had. Laughter, cheering and clapping filled the whole backyard but all I could was watch her in disbelief. I had her.

"You're mine" I whispered holding her and she giggled "As I always have been.. I love you"

The rest of the wedding was going perfect. Once I got back to her, I refused to let go. Everyone had their time with her and this was mine. We talked, laughed, took a few pictures and even danced. Wasn't too fond of it all but the things I would do for the woman I love.

"You're doing perfect. I told you" I whispered leaning down and kissing her on her head. She smiled but before she could respond, she was being called again. I would just say no but, it was one of her friends. She took a deep breath "You'll be fine. Go ahead" There was no telling when she would see her again so I would have to give her up for a few minutes.

I looked over to me smiling and I could tell she was a bit nervous again. She had no reason to be, she could do it.

She wasn't so sure.