Chapter 33

Sitting in a window in the corridor, right before the moving staircases, I was flipping though the pages of my Herbology book while biting off more of my liquorice wand. I was told to meet Remus here so he could take me up to where the Gryffindor common room was. We had agreed to work on our potions project up there since it was supposed to be a secret where the Hufflepuff basement was. Did you know it's been undiscovered from other houses for more then a thousand years.

Besides, I've always wanted to see the inside of the Gryffindor tower. McGonagall says its full of rich reds and couches everywhere for people to chat. It doesn't sound so different, except that ours is littered in various plants, yellow, and is mostly underground. I once saw a first year lean into a cactus, it wasn't a pretty outcome and he had to go to Madam Pomfrey's. Let's hope that doesn't happen very often anymore.

I was studying there for about ten minutes, thinking it was a good idea to get there early. Like my dad always says, a few minutes early is a lot better than being a few minutes late. Besides, I was falling behind in my homework. I still have to write a whole essay on Flobberworms and don't get me started on my Tranfiguration work.

Not long after I finished up my wand, I saw a pair of feet stop right in front of me. Looking up, a large smile crossed my face as Remus stood a foot away. With his sandy hair and the large scars lining his face, he gave me toothy grin. "I see you didn't bail out."

"Yes, indeed." I threw back jokingly, hopping off the window and grabbing my bag and books. Next thing I know, we're skipping up the moving staircases, being cautious to where we place our step. I had almost forgotten about the trick stair that vanished until Remus called it out. Half way up, he had finally made it to a large painting of a fat lady. She was clad in a large white sheet and a head dress made of leaves sat on her hair.

Looking suspiciously at me, she leaned in and squinted. "This girls a Hufflepuff-"

"Yes, I know" Remus cut her off, "The password's Pig Snout."

"Now, young boy-"

"Pig Snout," He repeated again, knowing that technically he shouldn't be taking her in here. The lady huffed and crossed her arms, muttering to herself. Finally, the portrait door swung open to reveal a large brightly red room.

Gryffindor kids were all scattered around, talking to each other excitingly or just studying for their exams. It was very lively, unlike the calm peacefulness you could find in the Hufflepuff's room. It would have been very disappointing if I had left my color blindness glasses back at the room, because almost everything was a velvety red. From the carpets to even the drapes in the windows.

I was surprised when Remus took hold of my wrist and pulled me through the hole, seeming as he had a tight grip. We swiveled our way through a good amount of students, who most didn't even bother to notice a Hufflepuff was here. But right as we were almost to the boy's stairs, a voice called out from behind us.

"Thisbe? What are you doing here?" Lily Evan's voice rang out. Both of us stopped on the bottom of the stairs and looked back to see the redhead staring up at us. "... and why are you going up there with Remus." She said the last part slowly, trying to hint something.

It took us a second to figure out what she meant but soon we were stuttering with blushing faces." N-no - We're not going to-" I got out, point between him and I," We're not."

"It's ok, I just wanted to make sure." She stopped me, holding her hands up in defense. "But I still want to know what you're doing in the Gryffindor tower." She asked again.

"We have to work on our potions project." Remus said a little bit too quickly. We both gave him a look, me wondering why he sounds like he's lying. Lily squinted her eyes at him, and then they flickered to me.