Day 4

I sat, looking out the window and watched how the sun his the leaves on the tree.  It was midday and I had already ate breakfast and taken my pill.  Someone opened the door every hour to check on me, but I never looked.  They did yesterday, they do it today, and they'll probably do it until Jason finally kills me.

The door opened again, but I heard the sound of a tray meaning it was probably lunch time.  I sighed, walking over to eat.  I stared at the bowl of soup, feeling in no mood to eat.  I did anyway though, knowing I needed to.  It didn't take long before it was gone and I moved back to my place by the window.

I heard the door open and made nothing of it once it closed.  But I heard footsteps come closer to me and grew worried.

"Did you enjoy your lunch?" Jason asked.  I sat there, no words.  I tried focusing on the scenery rather than Jason's voice.  "I see you're watching outside again."  A bird flew up into the tree, sitting itself up there.  "I've been buying you some other clothes to wear, so you don't have to stay in those ones all the time."  I noticed the trees shake, meaning there was wind.  I could almost hear it too.

Jason sighed, his footsteps moving closer.  I stood up and walked to the other side of the room, not wanting him too close.  "You can't avoid me forever, Katie," Jason raised his voice.

I stood face to face with the wall, hearing Jason's footsteps moving towards me.  I tensed up and cringed, waiting for Jason to do something.  But he never does and nothing happened. 

"You have to talk to me.  You and I know that it's not good for you to keep silent for so long," he said.  He was right, but I couldn't.  I'm not sure I could bring myself to.

"It may not seem like it now, but you can trust me.  You have nothing to be afraid of here.  Not the house, not the guards, and especially not me," he continued, but he was what I was most afraid of.  I did trust him, and all it did was get me in this situation.

I relaxed a little and slowly turned around to look at Jason, my back pressed against the wall.  My lip quivered in fear, waiting for him to make some sort of move.  Maybe he would now that I was actually facing him.  He took another step closer, reminding me of the time he kissed me back at the prison.

"Remember the last time we were like this?" he asked softly, knowing he was thinking the same thing I was.  "We were at the prison...you unchained me for the first time because you trusted me," he continued, replaying the moment in my head.  He leaned closer to me before speaking again.  "And we both thought I was going to hurt you.  But instead...I kissed you..."  That was the day that made me question nearly everything, that made me feel a totally new feeling I ever felt before.

He leaned down and gently kissed my cheek, leaving my frozen, even mesmerized.  Jason sighed, taking a few steps backwards.  I stared at him like I did the first time he did it; shocked.  My cheek was tingly and cold, and I was unsure what to think.  Was this just part of his little game?  Has he done this before?

Jason stared at me, hoping for me to say something.  "Please..." he trailed off.

I cut our eye contact off, making him groan.  "Katie, I've tried...so hard!  I've given you kindness, I've given you a tour, I've given you clothes, I've given you good food, I've given you your pill, and I even told you you could go anywhere once I trust you!  All I'm asking is for you to talk!" Jason was getting frustrated now.  "I know you're upset, but I want you to tell me!  I want you to tell me what to fix so I can give you everything, and all I ask is for you to not run away!" he yelled.

Jason grabbed my shoulders, making my eyes go wide in fear.  His breath was shaky now as he tried to calm down.  "Please...just talk to me.  We'll make things better!  Please," he begged.

I looked into his eyes, feeling bad now.  He is trying, but he's still keeping me captive.  Should I at least talk though?  Does he deserve it?

"Talk to him, it will benefit you both!" the therapist in my head encouraged.

"No, he doesn't deserve to hear your voice!  Remember everything he's done and is still doing?" the realist reminded me.

"You're upset, and you need to tell him.  He might eventually let you go if you cooperate!"

"He's made it clear he won't let you go!"

"Talk!  It's not good to hold all of your thoughts inside!"

"Don't give in to him!"

The two sides in my head battled, giving me a headache again.  I've never had so many issues like this, and now I can't stop them!

I squeezed my eyes shut, afraid to move anything else.  I never spoke though, causing Jason to slowly let go and take a step back to look at me.  I just stared back, my eyes watery.  He sighed, giving up and walking to the door to finally leave.

He reached for the doorknob, but stopped, not opening it quite yet. There was silence, but it was tense.  The next thing I know there was a loud crash, making me jump and squeeze my eyes shut again.  More silence followed until Jason finally walked out and slammed the door behind him.

I stood there, shaking now as I slowly opened my eyes and looked. My empty bowl was smashed to pieces near the door, the sound echoing in my head.

I remained in my spot as maids came in and started cleaning.  I could feel myself starting to become crazy, and I had barely been here for a few days.  How would I ever last?