Chapter 3

Thank goodness I was not a shopaholic, otherwise, I wouldn't have afford my fourth trip to the aquarium. But after this, I need to search for a summer job. I hurried to the mer section just as I had yesterday, but I came a little early today. My watch read 7:36 a.m.

Insane, I know.

I entered the mer globe. The room was completely vacant of humans and mers. Except for one, a merman. Tristen was dozing on our spot, resting against a mass of rocks.

In sitting position, his long sapphire tail gleamed before him, resting. His bronze torso leaned against the rocks. Did I mentioned how ripped he was? He had a good solid six-pack and his arms were not sinewy at all. But his face had my utmost attention. He looked utterly peaceful. He shifted, leaning down more to doze more. I wondered what he is dreaming about...

My fingers twitched.

I slowly took of my backpack and took out my sketchpad. I sat on the bench and begun drawing Tristen. I captured the planes of his cheekbones, his broad forehead, and his strong jawline. I shaded his inky hair on and followed the contour of his plump lips. I dragged my pencil down for his straight roman nose. Finally, drew his sleeping eyes, it's sinfully long lashes that formed a pair of dark crescent on his cheeks.

I analyzed my complete portrait of Tristen. The drawings looked different from my usual work. I even managed to capture his arua, the serenity and the mysticity. Something I'd never managed to before. Did I finally find my missing ingredient in my drawings? I shook my head in disbelief. I guess you can say I found a muse.

My muse was now stirring, slowly awakening.

I hurriedly stuffed my tools and sketchpad in my backpack. I don't know how he'll react if he found out that I drew him while he was sleeping like a complete stalker. When his eyes fluttered open, I was standing with my backpack over my shoulder, as if I just arrived. I weakly waved at him.

He speedily swam up to the glass to my eye level and he was smiling in greeting. I nearly grunted from the sudden jerk my heart did. He laid his palm on the glass pane and he mouthed, "Hey."

I rested my palm on the glass, smiling. "Hey."

Tristen's lips moved, but it was too fast for me to understand. My brows knitted. "What?"

He leaned closer and mouthed slowly. "How are you?"

I shrugged and lipped, "I'm good." I pointed to in question. "How are you?"

He shrugged as well and smiled in response, "I'm well."

"You're early." He said with a smile.

"I wanted more time."

Then his lips moved. I tried to read his lips carefully but I couldn't understand. "What?"

Tristen ran his hand through his hair in frustration, then he stopped and turned to me. His eyes traveled over me - goosebumps puckered across my skin - with his lips pursed, thinking. Finally, Tristen's thinking face were replaced by a devious grin.

Unnerved, I mouthed cautiously, "What?"

He nervously swam closer and I took step back. He pointed at the small wall beside us that held the artifacts and info that I read yesterday. He mouthed slowly, "There's a door."

I raised my brows in surprise. Where was this going?... I walked over the wall, searching for the nonexistent door. I looked over at Tristen and shook my head in confusion while giving a shrug. I don't see any door.