(Sneak peak) Chapter 4: Phone prank gone wrong

-So you like bad boys now. Don't you Jess?, Valerie joked with me but instead of laughing I glared daggers to her.

-He just wears leather jackets and ride bikes. That doesn't mean he's a badass, Cartón was quick to follow into the game.

I groaned internally the second Jason's look turned dark with jealousy. Those two would never cut it out unless I put an end to it myself.

-Ugh enough with the topic! Are we gonna do this or not?, I asked expectantly as the faces around me gazed me with mischief.

It was a trouble night.

We had gathered in my humble home that night to hang out with my two best friends Jazz and Valerie, Matt her boyfriend and his best friend Jason, as well as my other two partners in crime Carton and Jamie. The trouble crew was ready for tonight's challenge: truth or dare.

-Ok ummm... Jessie. Truth or dare?, Jamie asked while pointing right at my smirking face.

-Pst, dare. Let's see what you got, I smirked right back while I crossed my arms on my chest.

-Please, oh please let me do this one Jamie!, Cartón begged to his friend that sighed in surrender, letting the other boy take the lead.

-Little miss Anston: I dare you to make a phone prank...

-Boo Cartón. That's so second grade, Matt said while tossing a giant paper ball to my friend's head.

-Wait for the drums, he said and played the non existente instruments.

-Now Cartón!, we shouted for him to cut the crap. He could be like that all night long.

-I dare you Jessica Anston to pull a phone prank on Paul.

I think my blood froze with the mention of our music teacher. It has been over a year since me and Paul met, and even during his nice pants period, I had never dared to pull on a prank on him... well with the exception of one time really. And let me tell you: I deeply regretted that trouble ocation.

-So? Do you dare?, Carton pushed me with his wide look.

-Of course I do... but it'll be stupid. He'll recognize me in a second, I huffed while looking away from the curious stares in the room.

-Aww is someone scared of the big bad Paulie?, my friend laughed but the others didn't.

That was some deep shit we could get ourselves into. Paul was not someone to fool around with anymore. He had been promoted to a higher level of tutoring (after what he's done with me, I say they should make him the king of tutoring) and he had spreaded his hard ass reputation all over the school. It was curious how most of the students there were cool with him yet at the same time frightened.

-I know I am. He's got a mean swing, Jason cringed and I smiled feeling supported.

-Yeah. I wouldn't want to face him again either, Jazz voiced out and Valerie nodded in approval.

-Oh please! You're a bunch of chickens, Cartón said while making some sort of chicken sounds I guess. I couldn't tell.

-If you're so tough, do it yourself then, I said tossing him my phone with Paul's number there.

-Ummm... no thanks. He already hates me, he said getting pale by the second and I rolled my eyes before speaking.

-He doesn't hate anybody. He just doesn't get your wit... as no one does Cartón, I answered to my friend. It's true Paul shows no tolerance with smart mouths like Carton, but that didn't mean he hated him.

-Well since clearly nobody is gonna target Paul, let's think of somebody else. Say... the police?, Matt smirked at me and I showed doubts again.

-We'll get caught and I can't go to prison again guys, I said playing drama queen.

Jason snorted at this. He remembers plainly what he and I went through that night. Sitting on a bench inside a jail full of criminals was not something any of us wanted to repeat.

-I'd hardly call that small precinct jail a prison Jess, he stated mockingly at me but I shrugged it off.

-Yeah. They didn't even take your fingerprints!, Jamie laughed at me and I rolled my eyes.

-Ugh screw you guys. It was scary enough, thank you, I said dismissing the idea but my friend had other (terrible) plans for me.

-Come on Jess. Catch!, Cartón shouted at me before tossing my phone in my hands... with the number already dialed.

-Carton you...

But I had no time to finish that line. Somebody picked up and within a heartbeat I started spilling the first ridiculous story that came to my mind. I was so nervous I didn't want to waste a second, I mean... did you know police could track your phone call if it lasts over 60 seconds? Anyways I started yelling hysterically to the phone that my cat had been abducted by an ovni in my own bathroom, and that I needed a squad of ghostbusters right away. When I felt I was going to start laughing, I hung up and took a big laughing off our asses with the trouble team. Oh my God... that was awesome!

-Man that was so funny!, Matt laughed giving me high five.

-You've got guts Anston! Nice work, Carton congratulated me as my other friends were still rolling on the floor, clutching their stomachs with their arms to stop the uncontrollable fit of laughter.

I was still laughing and screaming about how cool that prank was when I saw in the screen of my phone something unusual. I took it carefully in my hands studying the latest calls I had made. The last one, made seconds ago at 6.23 pm was to P...

Coming soon...