Chapter Four

You opened your door and stepped outside into the night air; it was crisp and fresh. You followed Spencer into the station, staying a bit behind him as you walked through the doors. Once inside, he led you into a conference room that had files and documents strewn across the round table. Spencer gestured to a seat, and you took it, eyeing an open file as you sat and realizing that it was on your case; the BAU had been profiling your ring leader.

As you perused the other readable papers on the table, Spencer spoke up: "Would you like any coffee, Agent (Y/L/N)? You must be exhausted after today..." I accepted his offer and watched as he poured two cups of hot coffee and brought them over to the table, pushing away some of the files that were cluttering its surface. He sat the cups down and then went back to the counter to retrieve some packets of cream and sugar, placing them in-between the two of you. You smiled as he dumped the contents of 5 sugars into his coffee and stirred it before taking a drink. Spencer watched you expectantly, but you drank your coffee black... You had come to love the taste of coffee in itself.

Spencer was taken aback when you declined the cream and sugar he had brought over. You gave him a coy smirk, "Some of us actually like how coffee tastes," you said. He grinned, "Some of us like how it tastes....enhanced" Spencer teased back. You let out a lilting laugh, one of the first that you had had in a while. Spencer smiled widely at you, letting you know that he liked your laugh. For some reason, that made you happy.

As you two drank your coffee together, Spencer looked at you intently. It made you a bit uncomfortable, but you didn't really mind; you focused on sipping your coffee. Soon, Spencer cleared his throat in preparation to begin asking you questions about the past year. You prepared yourself mentally, ready for the release that you had waited so long for.

*** Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I have been busy and also have shifted a bit of my attention to focus on some Marvel fanfic as well. I wanted to ask those of you who have been reading my story if I should stick with the Spencer Reid x Reader storyline or if I should make this story have a defined female love interest. What do you guys think?  Which would be more interesting to read? ***