Chapter Sixteen

Sorry for the long wait. Here's the new chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Sixteen

Just before the door closed, I heard Jayden asked a question.

“Are you ready to mark her?”

Since Aiden had marked Chloe, Jayden’s question was most likely directed at Brayden. However, I didn’t manage to hear Brayden’s answer as the door closed behind me. Chloe and I started walking away from the room. I started wondering what answer Brayden would give. In that question, it sounded as if there was a hidden meaning inside.

Does it have to do with Brayden’s past? If Brayden is willing to mark me, should I let him mark me? Should I take the risk?

Our predictions might be wrong. I might turn into a beast. I might lose all humanity. If they have no choice but to kill me, what would happen to Brayden?

“Hailey, are you alright?” Chloe gave my hand a squeeze.

“Yes. I’m fine.”

“What are you thinking about?” Chloe asked.

“Chloe, what will happen if your mate dies?” I asked. Chloe stopped walking suddenly.

“Hailey, you are not thinking about killing yourself, are you?” Chloe sounded sad when she asked that question.

“I’m just wondering what if exchanging blood or marking doesn’t work and the only way is to end my life, what will happen to Brayden?” I asked.

“Hailey, we will be able to find a solution. Promise me. No matter what happens, please don’t give up.” Chloe hugged me tightly and I hugged her back.

“I promise you. But I just want to be prepared for the worst.” I said. I heard Chloe sighed.

“Hailey, he won’t be able to live without you. Wolves are loyal creatures. As I mentioned before, we will only have one mate in our entire life. If our mate dies, we will choose not to live alone in this world. Mate is someone very special to us. Some wolves don’t even get to meet their mates in their lifetime. Hence, wolves that usually get to meet their mates are very grateful about it. I know Brayden is actually happy that he met you. He probably just doesn’t know how to express it.” Chloe said. I nodded in response. Chloe continued to guide me in walking. She informed me that we were heading down the stairs. I grabbed the sidebar as I walked down the stairs. As I headed down the stairs, I could hear laughter filling through the surrounding.

“Maddy, are you sure you are going to bake a cake?” Someone said. I believed that voice belongrd to Alexander because only he will call Madison as ‘Maddy’.

“Don’t underestimate me! I will bake the world most delicious cake!!” Madison started boasting. This other voice started laughing madly.

“I swear that is the funniest joke I heard on earth!!!” And he continued laughing. That would most likely be Chase.

“Hailey?” Suddenly, the surrounding became very quiet.

“OH MY GOD!! HAILEY!!!” Madison squealed in delight and gave me a bone crushing hug.

“Calm down ,Maddy. You are going to break the poor girl.” Alexander said and I felt someone pulled Madison away from me. Then, someone came and held my hand.

“Hailey, how are you feeling? We are worried sick.” This gentle one must be Ava.

“I’m getting better each other. Don’t worry.” I planted a smile on my face. Ava hugged me gently.