Chapter 3

Riley's Fear Dream-

"Kill him." A voice said in my ear. My eyes shot open as I looked around me. A man was kneeling in front of me. Hands and feet bond and a blindfold over his eyes. "Kill him."

I turned around and saw Rumlow. I turned back to the man. My arm came up and in my hand was a gun.

"Kill him, Asset." Rumlow ordered me. My hand shook as I tried to resist. "KILL HIM!"

I jumped and I heard a bang. My mouth dropped in shock as blood began to cover the man's shirt. Right over his heart. I instantly dropped the gun in my hands and placed a hand over my mouth in horror.

"Excellent work, Asset. Soon, you will have no problem taking innocent lives. But this one wasn't that innocent." Rumlow said as he ripped off the blindfold. The man's face morphed into Clint's. My eyes widened as tears slipped down my face. Rumlow smirked at me as I let out a scream and then it turned into a cry.

"Why didn't you save me?" I jerked around.

"Momma." Her burnt face stared at me. Her dead eyes stared at me. I reached for her and her hand jerked up, grasping my arm. Her touch burned my skin.

"Why didn't you save me? Why?" Tear weld up in her eyes. "Why did you let them kill me?"

"I didn't, momma." I cried as I tried to rip away my burning arm from her grasp.

"Why didn't you do more? Why? Why did you let them kill me? Your momma?" She asked again. I shook my head and closed my eyes.

"This isn't real. This isn't real. You're dead. You're dead, momma." I whispered to myself. A hand struck my face and I was thrown to the ground. She glared down at me as I stared up at her.

"This is very real. You killed me, your momma. You did this, you did all of this." She hissed at me. I shook my head as tears ran down my face. I slowly stood up, not looking at her."Why didn't you avenge me like you promised?" I looked up at her through my tear filled eyes. "Why didn't you avenger me, my daughter, my child?"

"I tried." I said back to her. Her sad face turned to a fury one.

"You didn't try. You never try. You're the weakest off all those Avengers. You don't even have the guts to avenge your dead momma. The momma you killed!" She hollered at me. She struck me again and I landed on the ground.

I felt grass under my fingers and I ran my fingers through it. I heard laughter and I looked up, getting to my feet. A little girl ran through a field of wheat with a man chasing after her. I smiled, remembering this memory.

My father laughed as he chased after me. Then I heard a bang and my father fell forward. Little 'me' stood in front of my fallen father and I walked over to them.

I reached down and flipped my father over. A blood stain was over his heart and stomach. I reached to touch them and my hand tumbled. Blood stained my hands as I looked up at little 'me'. She was staring down at father then looked up at me, tears streaming down her face.

"Papa." She whispered. She knelt down on the other side of him and started to shake him. "Papa." She shook him harder. "Papa!"

I watched as little 'me' shook him. Shaking him hard to try to wake him.

"PAPA!"

The scream was echoed by music. I looked around seeing people laughing, dancing, enjoying themselves. A man had wine spilled on his shirt as they laughed about it. Two dancers danced past me, not paying any attention to me. I turned around, looking for a face I was familiar with.

And I found one.

Steve stood in the middle of the room, in his 1945s army uniform. He was glancing around, looking for something then he stopped. I walked closer to him and I saw a second familiar face. Peggy was standing in front of him, smiling. He took her hand and twirled her around and then into his chest.

His hand was firmly on her back, pulling her closely to him. There wasn't a space between them, he was holding her like he held me. With possessiveness. He leans into her as she pressed herself against him. I could feel my heart breaking. Shattering. The look on his face was one of relief, his body relaxing and I saw him sigh.

I grew up learning about body language and I knew what this one looked like. He wanted her, in every way possible. He glanced up and our eyes locked. He smirked then looked behind me.

A hand forced its way into my hair and yanked it back. I felt the coldness of a blade jerking across my throat. I could feel my body pouring out of my neck. The hand dropped me and I looked up, seeing Bucky looking down at me with dead blue eyes. With the knife that had my blood in his hands. He ran off as I felt my body being placed into someone's arm. A hand pressed against my throat as I struggled to breathe.

"Hold on, Riley. Stay awake." Sam's voice reached my ears.

"Stay with me, Riley. Stay with me, doll." Steve's voice also reached my ears. I felt my breathe leave my lungs as my eyes closed.

"I can't live without her!" I looked up as I saw Sam holding my body. Steve punched a marble statue and it shattered. "I need her, Sam!"

"I know, Steve. We all did." Sam said. Tears fell down Steve's face as he looked from the broken marble statue to the gun on my leg. He jerked forward, yanking it out of its place. He held it to his head as Sam jerked up.

"Wow, Steve. Think about what you're doing. Don't do this." Sam pleaded, his arms out in front of him. Tears slipped down my cheeks as I watched.

"I can't live without her, Sam. I need her. She's the only person I truly needed. I loved her. I love her, Sam." Steve rushed out.

"Steve, please. Give me the gun." Sam pleaded again. Steve's face instantly went blank.

"I can't, Sam. I can't live this life without her. I won't live without her."

"NO!" Sam screamed as Steve pulled the trigger. I let out a silent scream as his body fell to the ground.

"No, no, no." I crawled over to him. I grabbed onto him and held him in my lap. I ran my hand down his cheek as my tears hit his face. "No, no." I held him to me as I let everything out. "I love you, Steve. I love you. I'm so sorry."

My worst fear had come true.

But it wasn't reality.

It's wasn't real.

My worst fear was Steve's death caused by my own.

Author's note-

I do not encourage physical, emotional, mental or self harm in any way. This was used for story purpose only.