twenty nine • kobra venom

Ghoul was gone in the morning, Kobra noticed that pretty quickly. A rocket launcher was missing too along with a bag, but how he was managing to carry it all was beyond the blonde. With zero desire to find the abnormally small man, he barely even ate breakfast before he was gone; the sun grazing the desert and casting a golden light on the black asphalt to give Kobra a path to see as he mounted his bike and made his way down Route Guano. He wasn't worried about Jet Star- he'd said something a few days ago about leaving to go into Four and Battery City itself to learn more about medicine. 

If he found Battery Revolution, he would kill him. Whether or not Party went along with him didn't matter- as far as Kobra cared, she could go to whatever the fuck she wanted as long as she wasn't with that scumbag. Maybe this was it; this was them going their separate ways after almost twenty years. It would have taken a fool to think that they wouldn't once have broken apart, but at the same time Kobra wasn't too shocked either. 

Now just seemed like the right time.

The first place he stopped by was in Zone Three, in front of a worn down motel with a car parked in front and the door open. Mikey parked his bike, leaving his bag and helmet with it as he pushed the door further ajar and entered. 

"Hello? Anyone home?"

When Arms Race stepped out of room 1B with his hair a mess and his old jeans the only thing on, Kobra wasn't exactly surprised. "Yeahm? Oh, hey. It's been a long time-" he yawned, "what've you been up to?"

Kobra shrugged. "Not much- I came by wondering if you'd been to any of the clubs around here lately and seen Party?"

"Yeah! Loads of times," Arms Race said, almost instantly perking up, "a-plus, I'd give. Never slept with her, but I hear she's great. Has a boa collection, too-"

"What?!" The 'Kid spluttered out, not expecting that sort of information from Pete, nor what it bore.

"Yeah...you didn't know?"

He sat down on the table nearby, rubbing his face. "No. No, I didn't. And what's with everyone referring to Party as 'she'?"

"Didn't she come out to you? Oh, well, if not, Party's genderfluid. At least, I think that's the right term..." 

The Kobra Kid sat in silence, looking down at the ground and remaining quiet. Part of him didn't want to find Party anymore, especially as she seemed to be doing so well and...happy. Kobra wanted to be happy, he really did, but his happiness was torn away from him one by one as he killed the people closest to him. He was bloody, he was so bloody, yet at the same time all the red staining his hands wasn't something he could go back and fix or change. 

"What's happened?" Arms Race asked, seating himself next to the blonde. 

"I'm...fuck, we're all falling apart," he said, rubbing his face, "it's nobody's fault but our own. I- fuck!"

"Come on, I'll take you to where she normally is...unless you want to stay with us. You look like you need sleep, and we usually head over about nine in the evening." Arms Race stood up, offering his hands to Kobra as he spoke, "we have like ten extra rooms."

The blonde nodded, allowing Pete to take him not into an extra room, but the cozy 1B that had a desk in front of the window and a couple of interesting things scattered around. Either way, the early morning light that was drifting in was warm, and so was Pete's bed.

And so was Pete.

-

There is silence among the four Killjoys as they sit and contemplate what they're honestly doing spilling their life story to a little girl who simply said 'please.' Why had they even decided to keep her and raise her? Was it the fact that the first time Party had held her, she'd immediately fallen asleep in his arms? Or was it Ghoul's general weakness towards children? None of them had any particular clue, but they did, and now that was just how things were going to be.