14

"han yoora?!"
"no way!"
"isn't she a model?"
"seriously? dibs."

a wrench had been thrown into the works.
han yoora had transferred to their school. she automatically became popular and adored,
naturally setting her eyes on

him.

should it be necessary to say his name?

he had had a good enough day. but it was about to take a turn.

stepping towards the familiar school gates, he halted
when quicker steps were heard behind him–running.

"jeon jungkook, right?" a sickly sweet voice called him.

he turned and met the face that had been surrounded by desperate boys and girls who were willing to make friends with her.
she hadn't been wearing uniform all day, instead; a thin scarf, a pastel pink sweater and a revealing mini-skirt that didn't quite cover up the legs under the dark tights she wore.
her hair was not sporting its natural colour, either.

"i'm han yoora. i've just transferred here." she told him confidently.

jungkook nodded, hands in his blazer pockets,
not wanting to be in this situation in this exact moment.

"i wanted to ask you something." she said while not breaking eye contact–

which kind of freaked him out.

"sure." he replied simply.

"i'll be willing to be your girlfriend. even if you already have one."

jungkook clenched his fists for some reason.

"i do. and i'm quite happy, thanks." he told her, getting ready to walk away from the obnoxious conversation.

yoora smiled at the ground and looked back up at him when it faded away.

"you don't have to tell your girlfriend everything."

she walked closer to him.

he was beginning to get a little frustrated.

"no. i'll be going now." he said, coldly.

and he left, annoyance in each step he took.

。。。

it was the next morning.
now gleefully, he walked down one of the many hallways of the crowded school, everyone was staring.

"it's okay." a faint grin on his face as he spoke.

yoora was more than happy to hear a simple sentence from him.
she had just apologised for what she had done the other day when he was supposed to be on his way home.

"thanks. i hope we can become friends." she told him, suggestively.

he took a look around the two of them,
pairs of teens chattering about how "they make the perfect couple"

he glanced at yoora once more.
she had been looking at him since she had walked towards him with her head hung before she had bowed apologetically.

vaguely flustered, he hummed in response.

she grinned at him.

"good." and tapped his head before wriggling toward her other group of friends.

sigh.

。。。

"are you sure you're okay with this?" jungkook's stare burned through the core of her eyes. he was serious.

"y-yeah." soojeong replied.
in reality, she really wasn't.

he would be spending a considerable amount of time with a girl–
a very pretty girl.

"it's not like he wants to model, he just can't help being so handsome. life must be hard." jimin commented sarcastically as haneul clung onto his arm and chuckled at her boyfriend.

"hey, yoora needs his help." haneul said, still giggling through her words.

soojeong grimaced at the name.

"sure, she can have my boyfriend for a day, a week, month year..." she said unenthusiastically, earning a laugh from each friend that stood around her.
and boyfriend.

"there's nothing to be worried about, okay?" jungkook pecked her on the cheek and rubbed her arm simultaneously.

she nodded 'okay'.

she was not 'okay' with this.