Chapter 25 - On the Search

[Mike's POV]

Days went by and still nothing of Kitty. Vic had finally come home, but wad stuck on bedrest.

That night we were all still thinking where Nate could have taken Katrina when banging at the door made us all jump.

"What the hell?!" Tony said as we all went to the door.

We opened it and there stood a worried Ronnie and a tear striken Katelynne.

"Guys, have any of you seen Copeland or Willow?!" Katelynne sobbed.

"No, why?" Ari asked sounding worried.

Ronnie hands me a piece of paper.

"This was found on baby Avery," he said, his eyes red from tears.

I take the paper and read it. It looked like it was written by a.... toddler....

WE ARE SAVE (DOODLE OF A CAT)
-C AND W

It took me a while to realize what it meant, and I nearly collapsed.

"Tell me this is a joke, please!!" Ari shouted.

"We looked everywhere!! And found this," Katelynne said, holding up a map. The woods that were three miles away were circled. That was one of the last places we were going to look.

"Come on, maybe we can get them before someone else does," I said as we all got some shoes and ran out to different cars, Ari with me and Ronnie and Crissy in his truck.

Let them be okay, please!!

[Willow's POV]

I feel like we've been walking forever.

I held my arm around Copeland as she continued to walk, but was dragging ehr feet. She was already tired.

While walking down the road, the forest just next to us, i hear a familiar noise.

It sounded like.... Daddy's truck!!

We turn around as wee some lights heading towards us.

"Copeland, run!!" i said as we ran off the road and towards the woods, running past the trees as we hid in a bush, but then the dirt was gone and we were falling down a hill all the way to the bottom.

"That was close," Copeland said. "Do you think they saw us?"

"No, i didn't see the light on us. Com on," i said as we got up.

I hurt my knee and Copeland hurt her arm, but we were still okay.

Then out of nowhere, we hear a scream and jump, hugging each other in fear.

"That sounded like Kit-Kat!!" Copeland said, pointing where the scream came from.

"Come on!" I shouted as we ran towards where she pointed.

[Mike's POV]

I could have sworn i noticed something move off the road, and that's when i noticed something lying on the side.

"Hey, pull over!" i said, and Ronnie stopped the car.

I climb down ad approach the yellow mass on the ground.

It was Copeland's Minion plush toy. Ari and I gave it to her for her birthday when she turned 2.

"They were here," I said.

"The woods. Maybe they ran off there," Kellin said as im and Katelynne walked up to us.

"I'll get the flashlights," Austin said.

"Me too," Crissy said as they ran to their cars. Alex and Whakaio and Gabe and Vic did the same.

Soon we were in runing through the forest calling out for Willow, Katrina, and Copeland, hoping to find them all three, safe and sound.