16 - Welcome Distractions

Hey guys! Before I start I'd just like to say thank you for all the votes and especially comments because, even though I don't always respond, I really will scroll through them all day. I also recently got a bunch of new followers so thanks for that too!!! Today I'm gonna dedicate this chapter to @Onew_is_Mine because you're hilarious and comment a lot and yeah. So this one's gonna be a sweet one! Hope you guys enjoy it!

"You're distracting me."

"No I ain't."

"Yes, sir, I do believe you are."

"My bad then."

With a frustrated sigh, Danny dropped her pencil and looked up at Ray, trying to fight the smile on her lips and keep her face stern.

She and Ray had been inseparable the past couple days. If they weren't in person they were on the phone, if they weren't on the phone they were in person. They really were like two star crossed lovers except the only thing dying in this tale of Romeo and Juliet was Danny's GPA.

She wasn't failing her classes or anything but it was the first time that Daniela Grant -straight A student since kindergarten- wasn't studying three times a week and putting school before anything else.

Like a disease Ray had crawled his way into her life and there was no getting rid of him now. Since she was a kid Danny had always dreamed about the boy who would swoop in and capture her heart. She was the little girl who dresses up in her mother's heels and got married to her teddy bear. The flowers, the nick names, the midnight walks in the park. She wanted it all. She wanted her prince charming.

And instead she got Ray.

The street kid with the pretty eyes. The breaking into her house with a bag of to go boxes. The undeniable bad boy swag. The bruised knuckles he didn't think she noticed. The fowl mouth. The crooked smile. The smell of leather and cigarettes.

Everything about ray was the opposite of what she wanted but every piece of him was like a claw that latched onto her and trapped her where she was.

He was changing her and she knew it; she could only hope she was changing him too.

"When I said I was at the library studying that wasn't an invitation for you to come and get in the way of that," Danny said, pointing her pen at Ray accusingly. Ray simply grinned, blinking as if he could save this image of her in his mind like a snapshot.

God she was beautiful. She was lucky all these people were here because if not Ray would have proven just how much of a distraction he could be.

"We just wanted to keep you company," he explained, shrugging his shoulders and leaning back in his chair.

Scooting her own chair back, Danny looked down at the 'we' Ray was talking about and giggled softly, not bothering to fight her smile anymore. Ray had brung Jimi along and the happy little one year old sat sucking on a now mushy peach as he sat under the table and flipped through Danny's economics textbook, stopping every now and then to smile at the pretty colored pie charts.

When he noticed her looking, he held his peach out to her with pouty lips.

"No want no more. Jimi sticky," he said, wiping his cheeks and only succeeding in spreading the juice around more.

"Jimi gimme that thing," Ray grumbled. He took what was left of the peach and pulled Jimi out from beneath the table and held him like a sack of potatoes as he stood up. Danny was going to comment on how she didn't think that was the correct way to carry a baby but the two of them looked adorable either way.

"Where's the bathroom?"

"Down that way and around the corner. Try not to get lost. I know it's been a while since you've been in a library," she teased.