Ch•2-Blue Moon

A/N : Happy Fourth of July❤️🇺🇸

I stood in the living room, taking a few good punches at the punching bag that hung in the corner of the room. Dad was out in the suit, fixing up the power grid so that Stark Tower would finally glow with clean energy, and Pepper was standing at the computer, watching the vitals of the tower as he worked.

By now the sun had completely sunk behind the city. New York was completely different from our isolated home out in Malibu. Here in New York, things never sleep, hence the name 'The City That Never Sleeps'. I had always wanted to visit New York, but I know that I could never live here. It's too different. Malibu is my home.

My fist connected with the bag, followed by a full on spin kick. I stumbled back, impressed with myself.

"That was nice, Jessi" Pepper clapped her hands together "If anyone was trying to attack me, I'd hope you're with me"

"Thank you" I bowed, extending my hand out like a Prince would do "I'll be here all week, or at least until I'm eighteen"

I continued to punch the bag, pretending to be in an action movie as Pepper was speaking to Dad through the communication link.

"You disconnected the transition lines? Are we off the grid?" Pepper asked.

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy" Dad responded.

"Wow. So maybe our reactor takes over and it actually works?"

"I assume. Light her up"

Pepper pressed a button on the keyboard, switching on the STARK sign at the top of the tower. I could see the white words reflect on to the window.

Stark, my last name. My mind still wonders back to Sebastion. Every once in awhile I'll write Jessi Sebastion on a paper, and then I have to erase and correct it to Stark. But that only happens once in a blue moon. I realized that I had stopped punching, and the bag was just hanging there.

I hadn't even noticed that Dad had entered the house once again "Give yourself some credit, please. Stark Tower is your baby. Give yourself... twelve percent of the credit"

"Twelve percent?!" Pepper laughed, walking over to the bar area of the livingroom "of my baby?"

Dad followed after her, pointing his finger up "an argument can be made for fifteen" Pepper reached in to an ice filled bucket, pulling out a bottle "Well, I did do all the heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted the heavy things. And sorry, but the security snafu? That was on you"

"Oooooh" Pepper smirked, pouring herself a glass of champagne.

"My private elevator-"

"You mean OUR private elevator"

"-was teeming with sweaty workmen. I'm going to pay for that comment about percentages in some subtle way later, aren't I?"

"Not gonna be that subtle"

"I'll tell you what" Dad placed his hands on Peppers shoulders "Next building's gonna say 'Potts' on the tower"

"Uh oh" I walked over, heading back to the stool at the kitchen table "Don't forget the 'S' at the end, we don't want any illegal substance users knocking on our front door"

"Wow" Pepper face palmed, I laughed "You're very funny Jessica"

"Thank you! Like I said, I'll be here all week" Dad chuckled, picking up his cellphone on the table.