23. Second Memory

"Lindsey... wake up."

I feel my arm being lightly shaken by someone. The grip on it, is firm and at the same time, gentle.

I slowly open my eyes and see Dylan looking at me with concern. He is also sitting on the floor with his knees crouched.

Allison and Ethan are already on their feet, looking at me with the same worry as my brother.

"Are you all right?" he asks.

I nod my head and take a look at my surroundings. We are in the centre of a very large hall, I think that this is the ball room.

There are old paintings all around, with the ball room being decorated by numerous maids and butlers. Bright golden sunlight is pouring through the long-red, velvet curtains. The iron wrought windows of this ball room are quite large, like the present Edenfield's.

I recognize the surrounding to none other than the Edenfield of 1890.

Only the ball room windows are the same.

I stand up on my feet and Dylan does the same.

"Did anything special happen, yet?" I stretch my arms and Ethan shakes his head.

"No, we all only woke up a few minutes before you. You haven't missed anything."

Just as Ethan finishes his sentence, the door of this vivid hall swings open.

Henry is standing with his usual 1800's clothing. He is wearing a navy blue coat and he looks like he was just outside, since he's still wearing his top hat.

His eyes fall directly upon us. He motions his head towards the door and exits the hall.

We all shrug and follow Henry's suit. As soon as we step outside the hall, we are greeted with unrecongnizable voices.

"Henry, there you are! Mother has been looking all around the house for you."

Henry stops in his tracks and looks at the woman who just spoke to him.

The woman is tall, slim with dark brown hair and aquamarine eyes. She seems like a few years younger than Henry, probably like two or three years at the most. Not like the vast age difference between Dylan and me.

That woman looks exactly like me, only older.

My mouth opens a bit at the surprise of finding a girl who looks so much like me.

The only minor difference that I can see is that my eyes are ocean blue and hers are aquamarine.

I have my mum's eyes.

My brother and both of the cousins look repeatedly back and forth between the woman and me.

"Guys, stop. Look!" I try to stop them from accidentally unhinging their heads from their necks.

"I had only a few errands, Isabelle. I am coming." Henry says and walks forward.

"Father will be arriving here at any moment and you ought to be at the Entrance to greet him, along with Mother, Meredith and I."
Isabelle shakes her head, grabs Henry by his arm and walks to the Main Entrance.

"Well, I guess that's Henry's sister. The girl whose portrait we saw in your attic," Allison says.

"Yeah, I guess," I say.

Without furthur ado, we all walk to the Main Entrance. I don't find much changes in the 1890 Edenfield and the 2015 one. The only major difference is that all the furniture looks absolutely primaeval as compared to what we have now. The main structure is the same. Still, it's harder to navigate our way here.