«chapter thirty-one: where it all started»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I groan loudly as I start to wake up, and if my body didn't feel like lead I would be throwing a pillow at whatever stupid machine is beeping right now. Beeping is not the best thing to wake up to.

"Good morning!" I hear a cheerful voice.

"Goodnight." I turn my head to hide it from the eye-piercing light. That's the best I can do without hurting myself, but if I could, my face would be full of comfy pillows where the light wouldn't be able to touch my eyes.

"No, silly! I said good morning." I hear what sounds like M'gann's voice. Of course, no one but her could be that happy this early. Or what I am assuming is this early.

"And I said good night." I groan.

It's what cats do, sleep and be lazy all day, and at night, hunt and have fun. And while I am not actually a cat, Selina and I live like it sometimes. It's the same with the Batbrats, they can't tell me they don't stay up late like bats. Selina and I steal at night, or we did, so now I fight crime at night.

And since I can't have fun at night, I will just do the first one, and time it by two. Sounds about right.

"Come on, you need to try and eat." She pushes a button that makes the top of my bed go up.

"But I don't want to. I want to sleep." It was a rough night.

I remember being woken up by Nightwing and him calming me down. I usually don't go back to sleep after nightmares, but either he or the stab wound did the trick because I went right to sleep.

I sigh before I open my eyes, and look at a smiling M'gann. I push back all thoughts of last night from my mind.

"You are too happy. This is an ungodly hour." I grumble.

"Come on, I have food." She informs me as she sets the tray down.

There was a bowl of fruit, cereal, and milk.

I stare down at it. I wasn't really hungry, and if I was, I didn't know it. My stomach is probably still asleep from all of the medicine. "I'm not hungry."

She looks up at me with a worried expression, "You need to eat."

I just sit quietly, not wanting to eat.

She sees that and sighs, "Please try and eat something."

"I am not hungry," I say stubbornly and cross my arms. She sighs and sits down.