Chapter 7 ~ Mine

"If they are claimed they belong to whoever picked them. They are now less than house elfs. Those who didn't get picked, will die." Malfoy said softly.

Tears filled my eyes and everything became blurry. Suddenly I felt two strong arms wrap around me gently. I wiped my eyes and looked up to see Malfoy looking off as he held me to his bare chest. I dug my way into the crevice of his neck and cried as he held me closer. "I'm sorry Hermione." Words I'm not sure I even heard, but it was enough for now. I cried letting it all out. I had just lost everything.

~~~~
(Draco)

Tears began clouding her beautiful brown eyes. I couldn't help myself I wrapped my arms around her pulling her close. I looked away unable to meet her eyes. She rested her head on my shoulder pressing into my neck. I held her closer and whispered, "I'm sorry Hermione." Just loud enough to be heard. With that she began crying completely. I just sat there holding her to me because, she needed this right now. She just lost everything. I had to be here for her.

After some time had passed she finally picked her head up again. I moved my hand to her stomach and could feel the thickness of blood on the shirt.

"Come on Granger." I said softly.

"Huh?" She whimpered.

Curse that innocent look. This woman would be the death of me. "I need to clean your wounds. You were hit with an unforgivable three times." I began.

"Y..your going to.." She mumbled.

"Yes Granger. Your mine now so I can do as I please. If you do not listen I may punish you as I see fit." I said flatly.

Fear sparked in her eyes. I regret saying it that way but it's the truth. I stood up from the bed and realized I was still in my towel. I walked over to my cabinet and grabbed some clothing to dress into. "I'll be back okay." I said softly and stepped into the restroom again. I changed quickly then turned on the faucet for the tub. I left it fill with warm water then opened the door again. When I came out she was sitting on the bed silently. "Can you walk?" I asked. She shrugged and attempted to stand only to have me catch her just before she fell. "So no then Granger?" I said with a small smile. She held her breath as I helped her back on the bed. "I'm going to carry you over okay?" I said softly.

"A..alright M..Malfoy." She mumbled.

Carefully I moved my arm under her legs and placed the other behind her back. I gently lifted her up and walked to the restroom.

"Can you undress yourself?" I asked.

She made an attempt to move her arms the groaned in pain. "No." She sighed.

"It's okay. Let me help you." I said softly taking her hand in my own.