Chapter 9~ Mal-Draco

(Hermione)

But that was just the optimism in me.

Because this is Draco Malfoy. The child of a death eater, and a death eater himself. He is supposed to hate my kind, supposed to hate me. Hermione Granger because after all I am a muggle born. Nothing but a filthy mud-blood in his eyes.

So why was my heart beating so fast? Why did this feel so right?

"Hermione." He said softly.

"Draco." I answered.

Suddenly there was a popping noise. He pulled away quickly and averted his eyes and I did the same.

"Master Draco sir?" A house elf called.

"Yes Himly?" He answered.

"Master Malfoy his requesting your presence down stairs regarding you know." Himly said almost shamefully.

"Of course Himly I will be right down." Malfoy said softly. "Please get Ms. Granger a change of cloths and a meal."

"Yes master Draco." Himly said with a smile then apperated out.

"I- I will be right back Granger." Malfoy said quickly not looking at me.

"T..thank you Mal-Draco." I muttered.

He turned to me and smiled. "Your welcome Hermione." He said softly before leaving and closing the door with a click.

Suddenly Himly appeared again. "Ma'am here is some of master Draco's clothing I am sorry it does not fit well." Himly said with sorrow in his voice. "But I brought you food!" He snapped his fingers and a player appeared full of little sandwiches and cheeses. "Dose ma'am like the food Himly brought?"

I smiled warmly. "Yes Himly. I like the food you brought thank you. Would you be a dear and help move me to the bed so I may get dressed? Please just put the stuff on the table side." I asked.

"Of course ma'am! Himly will help!" He said happily.

Himly levitated me and placed me on the bed gently. I thanked him then sent him off. I got dressed wondering what Mal-Draco was doing right now.

~~~
(Draco)

I turned to Granger and smiled. "Your welcome Hermione." I left the room closing the door softly behind me. Instantly I replaced the smile I had with a scowl. If they ever found out about my feelings for Hermione. She wouldn't live to see the next day, or worse they would use her as an advantage over me.

I shivered at the thought.

Quickly I made my way to the study downstairs. I did as I always was to do. I knocked four times. The response was the handle being jolted three times.

He was there.

The Dark Lord.

The door opened slowly being guided by my mother. Father and the Dark Lords head turned in my direction once I stepped in.

"Draco my boy how are you?" The Dark Lord said with a smirk.

"Very well my Lord thank you for asking, and may I ask how are you?" I said politely.

"I have a task for you Draco." He said with a grin. "We need you to go back to Hogwarts with a team and round up any leftover students." He explained.

"May I chose my team my Lord?" I asked.

"Of course. After all my rising Death eater should have some freedoms." He smirked.

"I ask for Blaise Zabini, I trust him well and he would never back out on our cause. Like wise he knows the school well. Pansy Parkinson, who knows all of the little secret areas in the castle. Also I wish to take my beloved aunt Bellatrix if I may?" I say flatly.

"Bellatrix why?" The Dark Lord asked curiously.

"She is an incredible wizard sir. Once we find all the leftover mud-bloods she knows just what to do to them. After all she enjoys it. Allow me to spoil my auntie some my lord." I said bowing my head slightly and smiling.

"Very well tomorrow you and your group will go to Hogwarts and search for any leftover filth. You may leave now Draco." The Dark lord said with a wide grin.

"Thank you sir it would be my honor." I said with a smirk then turned to leave. Who knows how long I have been gone Hermione is probably waiting for me.