Chapter 13~ Amortentia

(Hermione)

I turned to see Zabini walk in with Gin. Her face was paler and she had lost some spark. Probably because of what happened to Harry, yet she still held that beautiful defiance I always wished I could maintain. Once they sat down Zabini was directly in front on me. Himself and Draco nodded to each other. Some unspoken agreement. They turned to Miss. Malfoy and she proceeded with the meal.

"Alright bring in the food now." She called.

"Yes madam." The elf called back.

The food appeared in front of us all looking extravagant. It was incredible. Draco turned to me with a mutual face, yet something in his eyes told me to be careful.

Thank goodness mother made me take all those etiquette lessons growing up.

I waited looking to Mr. Malfoy. He seemed to be buying his time waiting to see if myself or Gin would do something disrespectful to him.

Thank goodness Miss. Wesley is strict on etiquette also.

Both Gin and I waited till Miss. Malfoy spoke up.

"Honey." She said softly. "Do you not wish to eat?"

"Oh. Sorry Cissy I got distracted." He said apologetically.

Sure you were.

"Let's eat." He smirked.

I waited again not reaching for food until the all the Malfoy's and Zabini had gotten their shares. I sat silently using the proper utensils to eat my meal leaving nothing behind, yet not getting an excessive amount of food. Draco's mother seemed pleased with my manors thankfully while his father seemed annoyed.

"So then Draco why did you want this mud-blood?" His father asked.

I sat silently. My emotions unchanging. I would not let this man get under my skin.

"Because she was the greatest prize father. You yourself say Malfoy's should always get the best." Draco said.

"I hardly find a mud-blood 'the best' my son." His father continued.

"Granger what is the strongest love potion?" He asked.

"Amortentia." I replied instantly.

"That's common knowledge. Are not second years taught that?"

"No sir. It was the fifth year it's introduced and the students create it in the sixth." I said flatly.

"Well it is not that big of a deal." His father continued.

"Granger." Draco called.

"Yes Master." I said softly.

"When was Hogwarts founded?"

"990 A.D." I replied.

"Would you like to ask her a question father?" Draco offered.

"Okay fine." He said angrily. "Who created the killing curse Mud-blood?" He asked.

"The origin is unknown, but it is know that it was created towards the begging of the Middle age time. Then was, along with others, became knows as one of the unforgivable curses in 1717. By degree of the ministry banned from use." I replied sweetly.

Draco turned and smiled to me. His mothers eyes widened a bit in shock, yet his father failed to notice. "I told you father. She is the best prize and Malfoy's deserve the best." Draco said.

Slowly his father managed to calm down. "I see son. I had no idea. Though I do hope you show this mud-blood what happens when you try to outsmart someone with more power than her." He grumbled.

"That was a lovely dinner was it not." Draco's mother cut in. "Draco, Blaise go up to your rooms now."

"Thank you for the meal aunt Cissy." Blaise said with a smile.

"Of course Blaise." She replied smiling also. "Now you all run along."

I waited for Draco to stand before I did myself. Silently I followed him a few steps behind. Beside me was Gin also following Zabini in a similar fashion to myself. They boys led us up the stairs.