Part 30: The Call

"God come on, we're in public!" You whined and held the bottle of vodka in front of your eyes, watching as Matty grinned into the kiss and moved away from Zoey.

"Come on Y/N. We have a week of Holiday before school starts again! I'm allowed to enjoy my freedom with my lady." He commented and spoke the last three words seducely, winking down at Zoey and wrapped his hand into her dark brown hair.

You mimicked his sentence in a high pitched voice, looking down at the bonfire in front of you. He laughed softly by your drunken state and placed his lips back on Zoey's, another groan escaping your lips by his act.

It was killing to watch. Not because you didn't want to see Matty as happy as he was. But because this was almost killing you by every second passing by and the vodka in your hands wasn't that appealing to your current state of situation.

You had lost the count of days.

Count of days with living the world of dark grey colors. Days with your heart broken into pieces that didn't seem to get glued back together. The day after was definitely the worst.

Running out of math didn't seem as the best idea considering you were supposed to perform a presentation with Rebecca. Leaving her behind was something that made guilt creep up your spine but it couldn't compare to the knife being stabbed into your heart repeatedly every single time the imagine of Meredith would flash before your eyes.

You hated her.

It was a strong word to use, but by every single image of her near Luke you wanted to tear the picture. Even if she was unaware of the fact that you and Luke had been together she didn't seem to respect his rejections.

But after the breakup between you, Luke didn't seem to accept any of her shit. He would snap at her even on unnecessary times, making you laugh inside with evil laughter. Even if you weren't with Luke any longer it was a pleasure to see him reject the one person that made everything ten times harder.

Living a sudden life without Luke was difficult, and not just the typical high school breakup difficult. No this was tearing you apart – almost.

Even after trying to admit to yourself 100 times that it was for the best, your brain and heart were battling against each other because trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew. You constantly had to stop yourself from texting him over the phone, call him over skype and hang around after classes. Every single thing in your life which you had been used to do was ripped away into pieces just like your heart.

Matty was definitely your rock at this point of life. He was there when you needed it, comforted you for almost an hour after you ran out of the classroom. With his strict parents and loyalty towards the school he never dared to skip class. But for this one time, he did.

He wanted you to forget about the pain but still remain the thought of Luke in your mind. Considering you would have to survive the many many math classes until the final exams, he tried his best to make you realize that he still existed even though you weren't together any longer. It was like everything was reversed back to the beginning of how everything started between you.

Luke seemed to be struggling as well. Or at least for the first two weeks. Every time he would be near you by your table or at the hallways, his cheeks would blush and his body would shake. It was like the two of you were trying so hard to desperately ignore each other it, it ended up being completely reserved.

But on the third week everything seemed to change. It was like Luke was a whole new person and you were still stuck in the same character of 'still living the life of being in a relationship with him even though you weren't.