Second Chances (AsaNoya)

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Why do you doubt me?"

"He's going to kill us!"

"He'll thank us."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Motherly instincts?"

"You can't use that excuse forever, Koushi."

He shrugged.

"We'll just wait and see."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Daichi, calm down." Asahi said. "It's okay. Suga loves you and he wants to do this just as much, possibly even more, than you do."

"What? Oh that's not what I'm nervous about."

"Then what is it?"

The dark haired man laughed nervously and scratched his head.

"Uh..."

"Dai—"

"Five minutes!"

Asahi stood up and placed his hand on Daichi's shoulder. He gave it a soft squeeze and smiled reassuringly at his friend.

"It's okay, he loves you and you love him and it's about time the two of you get married anyways. We've all been waiting for it for a pretty long time now."

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbled.

"I'm gonna go sit down now." Asahi said. "I'll see you in a bit. Just keep telling yourself that it's all going to fine. I promise it is."

Daichi nodded and watched Asahi leave the room. He shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath.

"I sure hope Koushi's right..." he murmured.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asahi sat quietly in the church pew. He had been asked to be Daichi's best man, but he passed up because he couldn't handle the idea of everyone staring at him. He knew none of this was about him, but it was still a wedding and people look at everyone at a wedding and he couldn't handle it. The best man was also supposed to be in charge of the rings and he could hardly go two days without misplacing his keys or his phone so he knew he would end up losing the ring for Sugawara as well.

Asahi was happy for his friends, but he would be lying if he said he wasn't a little jealous. It had been eight years since they graduated high school and Asahi hadn't dated anyone since their second year. Daichi and Suga on the other hand, had been together since they were all first years. Asahi was happy that his friends found love but he was starting to doubt that he ever would.

His second year of high school he met Nishinoya Yuu when he joined the volleyball team. He found the younger boy to be cute and he always put Asahi in a better mood. Nishinoya was small, but he was fast and energetic and it was clear that he loved what he did. Asahi quickly fell for the small libero and went to Suga for help on how to confess his feelings. Sugawara gave him pointers and one day after practice Asahi asked Nishinoya if he wanted to walk home together.

He happily agreed and the two made their way home, chatting about practice, the upcoming game, and various other things that came to mind. They had almost reached the Nishinoya residence and Asahi was about to make his confession when Nishinoya said something that haunted Asahi for months after.