Chapter 15~ Until the very end

(Hermione)

"Zabini leave." Draco turned to him.

"Draco." He whimpered.

"I SAID LEAVE!" Draco growled. He darted off grabbing Gin's hand and apperated out.

I stood in that room with a very pissed Draco. Back in school this would have been kinda fun. A battle of wits. He was the only one who ever came close to me in our studies. Though I'd never admit it to the guys I enjoyed fighting back with Draco. We stood in silence till he finally broke it.

"Hermione." He mumbled.

"Draco you cannot stop me from doing this. This is my war." I said defiantly.

"I refuse. By the decree of the Dark Lord you belong to me, and I say no." He said seriously.

"Why? Do you want this world Draco? I can see it you live in fear!" I yelled.

"That does not matter! I said no so it is a no. You belong to me and you are staying here!" He growled.

"Why did you have to pick me? Do you enjoy my misery or something?" I yelled.

"I picked you to protect you!" Draco screamed.

"Why would you want to protect me?" I asked with tears threatening too fall.

Draco became silent for a moment. All his rage left as he looked into my eyes. "Because I made a promise to Saint Potter. I would protect you if he wasn't here to protect you anymore." Draco said seriously. "Because he knew I loved you, and I wouldn't let anyone hurt you."

"Y..you love me..." I mumbled in awe.

"Until the end." Draco said breathlessly.

"D..Draco." I mumbled.

Within moments he was at my side wrapping his strong arms around me. I fell into his touch completely. I could feel the tears running down my face.

"Hermione." He whispered. "Please don't cry."

I moved my hands over my eyes drying them as much as I could. I gave a little stark laugh. "I really am pathetic." I muttered.

"No your not. I know you want to help the order, but right now you are safest here." He said softly holding me tighter in his arms.

I looked up to him with a small smile. "You don't want to pull away? I probably got tears on your shirt." I mumbled.

"I don't care." He said softly as he soothingly stroked my hair. He shifted himself slightly pulling me along. "Come on." He muttered.

I followed him to his bed. We lied down. Not saying anything. Not moving. Just holding each other close. Because right now. That was all we needed, all we wanted.

~~~
(Draco)

I pulled Hermione to the bed, we laid together silently. I held her close in my arms breathing in her scent. I don't think I ever really liked strawberries but now, now I love them. I loved this feeling. Her body next to mine, her head on my chest. I never felt love before except when flying. That was the only time I felt like I loved something, yet the feeling of loving someone it's different. It's far more beautiful. Before I knew it her breathing began to slow. Her muscles loosened. She had fallen asleep. I looked to her. So weak, so vulnerable, so perfect.