Chapter 28 - Unexpected Encounter

(Shan's POV – Sat. 25 October 2014)

It's almost noon when I wake up for the second time today, and I feel better rested and not as uneasy as I felt the first time. It may have to do with the fact that my sleep was dreamless, or at least not sex-related. Not Alex-related. I don't know why dreaming of him made me feel so uncomfortable, almost anxious, because I can't even remember what it was exactly about.

I tried to hide my emotions from Mark, but as usual, he had to see through me and noticed something was off. Thank goodness, I was able to use the tiredness card, which was real since I immediately fell back asleep as soon as I hit my pillow, and I didn't even hear him get ready or leave the apartment.

I'd better get a grip on myself though, because I don't want Mark to worry. He already has so much on his plate, and I don't want to have him on my back 24/7 if he senses my anxiousness. Besides, he might cancel our evening at the club tonight if he thinks I'm tired, and I won't let him do that.

A long and warm shower achieves to completely relax my muscles and I feel even better when I step out and wipe myself dry. While I put on a pair of sweatpants and a tee-shirt, I realize that it shouldn't be long before Mark gets back home. I know he was meeting the mean chef at 10 and then Alex at noon, so I hurry a bit and do our room before Mr. Tidiness-Freak arrives, and that's when I get a text from him.

Mark – Hey Babe, hope you've rested a bit more. It's taking longer than I thought, but I should be home by 2pm the latest. Don't wait for me and have lunch if you're hungry. Love you!

Hmm... Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I wonder how things are going on, but I guess I'll have details later. In any case, Mark is the fairest man I have ever met, and I trust him to have dealt with the situation in the best possible way. I met him barely four months ago, but he never seizes to impress me with how brilliant he is in everything he undertakes. He really has everything a man – or a woman – could dream of, and I'm not only talking about his looks, his money or the sex!

Everything seems so natural for him whenever he has to deal with a situation. His dominance is something, but his kindness, his generosity and his innate authority are others; you just have to look and see what he has done with me! His guidance has helped me to settle down and become a better man, so I could only fall for a man like this and I can't imagine my life without him anymore. Coming from someone who had never been involved in a relationship before, it may sound extreme, but this is what I truly feel for him.

I love him so much that I have decided to go over my hate for being in a kitchen – unless it is to eat – and to cook lunch for us. I honestly loathe cooking, but I'll try my best to prepare something decent and to not burn his kitchen. Living with a great chef, I have come to learn a few tricks, and after standing in front of the fridge for a few minutes, I make my mind on a stew of pork with carrots and pasta.

I really focus – and God knows how hard it is for me! – on remembering Mark's tips, preparing all the ingredients in advance, then making sure that the pot is really hot before I add a bit of fat, a thinly sliced onion and the chopped meat that I let seal for a few minutes. It already smells good, so I add a glass of white wine, some water and the chopped carrots, and lower the heat to let everything stew while I cook the pasta. I hate every minute of it, but I am proud of the result, and my man deserves that much.

I am draining the pasta when I hear the entrance door open. My heart lurches in my chest with love and I lunge to the foyer to wrap my arms around his neck and haul myself up, crashing my lips on his. I can tell that he's a bit surprised, but his arms still close around my waist and his tongue instantly invades my mouth for a deep and passionate kiss. Putting me back on the floor, one of his hands rises to grasp the back of my hair, and as he tilts my head to the side, Mark deepens our kiss and pins me against the wall, allowing me to feel his erection against my lower belly.