12. December

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Mr Jack Frost gave to me,
- Twelve amazing days
- Eleven giant sorrys
- Ten billion snowflakes
- Nine naughty curses
- Eight somewhat truths
- Seven lovely inches
- Six sexy sounds
- Five crazy words
- Four dirty smirks
- Three subtle hints
- Two tiny smiles,
- And a big shocker to my panties...

Summer woke up to vague sunlight again. It was a quiet morning, but the tiny morning sun felt wonderful against her skin. It brought a smile to her lips, one that only grew bigger as she remembered last night. By her side, she felt Jack sleeping soundly, his breath even and his eyelids closed. He looked gorgeous with his silver hair rumpled up like that.

She then glanced at the clock and saw that it was almost 7am which meant she really should be getting up if she had to be at the coffee shop at 8. Her stomach was growling as well. She didn't get much to eat last night, however she did get a lot of exercise. She needed sustenance.

Carefully without waking him up, Summer slipped out from under the covers her and Jack had shared, and slipped on her morning robe. She then begun a quiet descend down her stairs, trying to tread as lightly as possible, knowing how her staircase creaked. She made it all the way down and was just about to pass the hallway to head to the kitchen when she couldn't help but notice Jack's cane lying in front of the door. Exactly where he threw it.

She had never really understood why he had it. Obviously he didn't need it for walking, he could easily run around and play with children, so his legs were in great health. So why did he have a cane?

Curiosity led her to pick it up and look at it, studying it for something that could tell her anything about why he had it. But nothing. It looked like a normal chestnut brown cane with a round, crystallic knob at the top, one that had the same icy shade of blue as Jack's eyes. The same sparkle as well.

It was beautiful, she had to admit that. Perhaps it was just a fashion statement then, a mere accessory to some style he followed. He just didn't seem like the kind that cared about fashion, that was what puzzled her. Then again, she knew next to nothing about him. Just that he was in town for some landscape construction. She didn't even know his age for Christ's sake.

Shaking her head, she leaned the cane up against her wall, right by her shoes, then went into the kitchen to begin some breakfast. She felt like something Christmassy which was strange. She normally didn't fancy the Christmassy flavor, it reminded her of bad things, but this morning... she was craving cinnamon.

So she made cinnamon waffles. The dough was easy to make and her waffle iron warmed up quickly, so in no time she had two batches of delicious waffles prepared with a sprinkle of icing sugar and some sliced up pears next it. She would go surprise Jack on the bed with it.

Again, walking carefully up the stairs, balancing the tray of breakfast and brewed coffee, she sneaked back inside the bedroom where Jack was still sleeping soundly. He probably worked off a few calories yesterday as well.

"Good morning," She carefully hummed and sat down on the side of the bed with the tray, carefully not to spill anything. "I made breakfast."

She watched as his eyelids parted and how his sleepy eyes looked around for a moment before finding her. A warm smile slid onto his face and he then slowly sat up, noticing the breakfast tray she had brought up. "Wow. Some way to wake up. It smells amazing."