One Day

'Damon, we are late!' you say hurrying out of the bathroom and frantically trying to fix your hair in the elaborate side ponytail it was supposed to be in.

Smoothing out your dress, you stood up straight and examined your reflection in the mirror. It was Elena and Stefan's wedding and you were the bridesmaid and Damon was the best man. The wedding wasnt until evening, but you and Damon were told to get their early to fix everything up.

Honestly, there were more than enough vampires on board who could take care of everything in a second but NOOOOOO, we still had to get there and be dressed at that

'DAMON!' you yelled at him and he came out of the bathroom in his tux with his bowtie undone. 'Stupid tie' he muttered and blew out an exasperated breadth. You giggled and moved over to him, slapping his hands away and doing it yourself. He looked so adorable with his eyebrows scrunched up and his lips in an annoyed line that you kept on smiling, amused, as you did the tie for him.

'You have been alive for hundreds of years and yet you didn't take out the time to learn a how to tie a simple bow tie' you rolled your eyes, looking at him.

'I am sorry but tying a stupid ribbon around my neck wasnt on my to-do list. What am I, a puppy?' he grumbled fiddling with the now finished bow. You slapped his hands away and returned to the mirror, starting all over again on your hair.

You could see him smirking that goddamn smirk behind you in the mirror as he came over and wrapped his arms around your hips from behind. The blood red above the knee length dress that Elena had picked out was simple, yet beautiful and accented your eyes. Damon kissed your bare shoulder and proceeded to make a trail of kisses up and down your neck. You sighed and leaned back on his chest, forgetting about your hair.

'Mmmmm, can you believe Elena and Stefan are finally getting married?' you asked, looking at you two contentedly in the mirror. Dare you hope that one day it would be your wedding you would be getting ready for? Sure you and Damon fought a lot, but at the end of the day you made up and he loved you and you loved him and thats all that matters. However, you had never ventured into thinking of your marrying Damon. Sure you had just assumed you two would end up marying-eventually. Though it had never been such a direct thought in your heead. Until now. The thought of walking down the aisle towards Damon made you smile. And blush.

Which of course didn't go unnoticed by Damon.

'What are you thinking about?' he asked, resting his head on your shoulder and holding you close.

'Nothing' you tried to sound nonchalant 'just happy for them'.

'Y/N.......' he said in a warning tone, instantly catching my lie.

'Seriously! I'm just thinking of their special day' you said, convincingly.

'Yeah? Well i doubt you were blushing on her behalf' he said, rolling his eyes and tracing a line down your burning cheeks with his finger.

'I was just................nothing' you said shaking your head. There is no way in hell you were going to share your fantasies with him!

'Tell me' he demanded.

'No'

'Tell me!' 

'We're getting late Damon!'

'Tell me' he growled, turning you around so you were facing him and pulling you to his chest, looking down at you. He was trying to be intimidating, though it wasnt working. You were well used to him by now.

'Why are you so intent on knowing this?' you asked.

'Because something is making my girlfriend blush and it isnt me' he said.

'Gods! Well, if it helps, it was you. Sorta'

'Oh you were thinking about me? Now definitely tell me' he smirked.

'Shut up' you mumbled turning your back on him 'I was just thinking that maybe one day...........you know....we could.........' you trail, realizing just how embarrassing this would be for you.

Damon being Damon, of course figured it out.

Twirling you back into his arms he suddenly started dancing with you. He waltzed you across the room in a fast beat, leading you expertly, not giving you a moment of escape. You couldnt help laughing as he did this. Giggling as he dipped you and then twirled you back in front of the mirror, with your back to his chest. You were still laughing as he smiled fondly at you and said 'close your eyes'. You scrunched your eyebrows at him but he just pressed his lips to your temple and mumbled 'Just do it' against you skin. 

You felt him pull you indefinitely  closer to himself and running a hand through your hair, bringing his lips to your ears.

'One day its gonna be you walking down the aisle, looking like a goddess in a beautiful white dress, while I count down the seconds till you reach me, resisting the urge to just snatch you into my arms instantly. And then you'll reach my side and we'll say our vows, all the while I would be wondering how the hell I got so lucky as to have a treasure like you. Then I'll kiss you infront of everyone, finally claiming you as mine forever. That would be the day that I will be the luckiest man on earth and you would be by my side forever and I would know the true meaning of pure happiness. And that day is coming. Coming very soon, trust me princess' he said and you almost had tears in your eyes. Damon was wrong. He was the treasure and you were the lucky recipent, you thought.

'Oh and-' he continued 'even you've been alive for a while, and you cant even fix your own hair' he said as you opened your eyes, and walked away with a huge smirk on his face as you were left to stare in shock at your reflection in the mirror,  your hair done perfectly.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I AM LITERALLY SWOONING RIGHT NOW.

SO I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER, AND I AM SORRY FOR THE DELAY. MAKE SURE YOU CHECKOUT MY OTHER STORIES TOO.

RandR

Stay Beautiful

I<3CHOC35