Chapter | 14

A/N: So damn quick to judge. If you hate Poppy, you'd loathe me. I'm kind of ashamed of my readers right now. Turning on a character so easily. The last chapter was a test, and most of you failed and shamed a girl. Judged her choices before you understood her reasons. Why I even bother with this book any more, I have no idea.

"How's Sammy?" I asked as I slid my leggings back on and yawned. Dorian seemed content staying in his boxers with his arms folded behind his head.

He crossed his ankles. "Pretty good. She just turned three last week. She misses you. You should come babysit sometime."

I bit my lip as I tugged on a sock. "I'll think about it. Why? Are you and Mandy planning on going out soon."

He smiled at the mention of his wife. "Yeah soon. She'd like to see you again too, I'm sure."

I crawled back up on the bed to snuggle into his side. "I have no idea how you don't get jealous of that boyfriend of hers. He's a dime. Damn. "

I heard him snort as he wrapped his arm around me. "Maybe, but the only way to have an open-marriage is to trust each other. And we do. I know she'd never leave me for a some attractive piece of ass. Plus, I have you." He tapped my nose and I rolled my eyes.

"So, am I your attractive piece of ass?" I laughed and looked up at him to find him blushing. 

"That's not what I meant. " He coughed sheepishly.

"I get it." I sat up to pull on my shoes and he sat up to wrap his arms around me in a quick hug before standing up to pull on some jeans.

"So...." He said, not looking at me as he yanked a t shirt on. "Any boys catch your eye lately?"

I immediately called an image of Tate to mind, but the thought of him with another left me with a locked jaw.

"Boys are confusing." I shook my head. 

Dorian shrugged. "Men are just as confusing."

"You just fuck me then take me home. He plays with my feelings and acts like he doesn't notice." I stood up to grab my jacket.

"I get the feeling you don't want to talk about this." He chuckled under his breath.

"Trust that feeling." I said as I tossed him his keys.

He offered me a handsome crooked smile, his caramel colored eyes squinted. I couldn't resist taking his jaw in my hand and standing on my toes to kiss him again.

How his wife ran around with other guys, I had no idea, because Dorian would be more than enough for me. Hardworking, a great dad, sweet, generous and a great lay.

"Take me home?" I asked after our kiss, my breath on his lips. 

"Do I have to?" He laughed, tugging on my jacket.