Update/Sequel Schedule + Q&A + Contest/Showcase?

Hey, pals!

This will be  a relatively short update, because I actually don't have too much to say. As you hopefully have seen, the sequel is up on my profile and it appears that most of you like it a lot so far. I have the first eight chapters out, but I'm still figuring out how I want to update it. Like I said, I generally will be updating several times a week with Friday being the certain day I will update at least two chapters. However I didn't get to do that last week because I had a lot of adulting and theoretical third book writing to do (almost 20,000 words in...I mean, I'm on season two of Grey's Anatomy).

So, I will admit that I spoiled you all for the first book. As much as I want to put it all out there at once, I still have to do edits - in fact, the chapters I just put in probably weren't as sharp as I usually make them, so I'll be spending time revising for structure and clarity. But what do I know? It's probably perfect. 

Jokes aside, I really want to thank all of you for your support. But I'd love to get more constructive comments for the sequel, since I'm working on an imaginary third book. Someone mentioned something about Axel, and that made me realise I was under-utilising him, which changed the direction for one of the plot points somewhere in either the sequel or pretend threquel. Either way, I realise that Wattpad is an interactive platform, and I want to do more of that. So keep asking questions/even requesting reads from me. I know I said I didn't want anyone to do that, but just be honest about how good/bad you think it is. I don't want to read anything that looks like a bad fan fiction. And I don't want to read anything with a ton of errors. However, I'll go into this later into this update. For now, questions!

Q&A

thinesen

Q:Since Miren is clearly not dead, whose body is it then????

A: Due to the nature of the incidents surrounding Miren's "death" the body is most likely some homeless dude. At the end of the first book/beginning of the second, she mentions that her necklace was broken during the fight and probably fell off when she was taking a bus to Chara's house. Long story short, it's just a random freak accident. But since the body was torched in a fire and dental records weren't readily available, the body was cremated and people are assuming that the body belonged to Miren since she didn't come out. 

Nikki_Silver 

Q: Is Levi racist (joking)? 

A: Levi does have a bit of a mouth, and although everyone is racist to some extent, he's still harmless and loveable. He made a comment in the sequel referring to Jemma and Dr. Edsel's white privilege, however, I want my characters to be as fleshed out as possible. Although him being Persian isn't particularly significant in the novel ( just like some of the other character's races) I try to incorporate their unique feelings or certain dialogue as much as possible. For example, a lot of people don't realise Miren is black because I don't always go out of my way to describe her as such. And most people didn't realise Penelope was half-latina until the sequel - when there was more of a reason to show that side of her. Guess what I'm trying to say is that we're all people yes, but our racial identity should still be embraced in a natural and relevant way. 

zhun2201

Q: I want her to quickly change and then come out, take her necklace and then ask: Why was my necklace on a dead persons neck?

A: This sort of goes into the question above. Some people might ask this question later. :) 

Contest/Showcase 

Alright, since you guys have been so kind to me, I wanted to do a weekly showcase here for your books! I'll probably make a new story for it, but it will also be posted here in an update. So if you submit your story below (title, link, genre, description), I'll pick a winner and a runner up each week. I can't promise to read all of the entries, but I'll try my best to offer a brief constructive criticism to those who submit. But I will be rough, so beware. Winners can get a more thorough analysis and a dedication for a chapter of their choosing (first book or sequel). It will be every Monday. So get to it!

Until then,