Chapter 11 Part 2

"Mate"

I say out loud and I can notice Jason heard it too. I can't believe he is my mate. The one who hurt me the most, who abused me whenever he got the chance, but sometimes people change and I am really happy I found my mate and they can be by my side for the years to come.

"Hello Veronica" he said and that was all it took for my knees to buckle at his voice. I can feel Silver howl in pleasure and now I know why I felt weird when he went to look for me in Emily's house. I was broken out of my trance when I felt lips attack my neck. I moan at the touch and I feel all hot all of a sudden.

After a few minutes, he connects his lips with mine and I can feel myself letting go. He taps my butt and I jump and wrap my legs around his waist while he heads to the bed. He jumps on it and starts to kiss me heavenly and at that night, I lost my virginity to Jason.

Next Morning:

I wake up with the sun in my eyes and I groan in frustration. I turn around only to be met with an empty bed and me naked underneath. I recall the events from last night and I remember that I mated with Jason. I get up, only to be stopped by a pain in between my legs. I head to the bathroom and clean myself up.

I start to go back to the night when he took me multiple times and it was euphoria. I am happy that I found my mate. The one who will love me for who I am and will protect me from anything and anyone. At this, I try to find him in the bathroom, but he wasn't there, so I head towards the kitchen knowing he might have gotten something to eat since it was early in the morning. Halfway there, I heard voices that belonged to Jason and the others. I had a smile on my face but what I saw, took it right off. 

There, on the couch, was Jason with Carlie on his lap, snogging each other. I can feel my heart crack from his betrayal. He was just with me last night and then he left to go to Carlie after he used me. I didn't know I was crying until I felt tears falling down my cheeks and Jason noticed me in the hallway. I met his eyes and saw a flash of pain and guilt, but then it went away quickly before anyone could notice. Next thing you know, he has a smirk on his face and whispers something to Carlie, to which she turns to me.

"What are you looking at? Just because you slept with Jason doesn't mean he wants you." she says. All of a sudden. I feel this confidence in me rise. 

"But he is my mate and we are meant to be together." I say without my voice shaking. She scoffs, but she isn't the one who responds back. 

"Even if I was, I would reject you. I mean, you are a weak, pathetic wolf who is a servant. You can't even shift and you won't meet the expectations as Luna. I have chosen Carlie to take the position. Accept it, you are nothing compared to her. You were just an easy lay." Jason said. Each word sliced through my heart and I couldn't help but sob. 

"You were meant to protect me, cherish me forever. I am your mate!" I yell out. 

"Shut the fuck up Veronica. You want to use this for your advantage to have the same rank as us. You are just a slut who looks for power and money. Why don't you just disappear from our lives? Better not, why not just die from your miserable life." Jared shouts. I start sobbing uncontrollably and I find my wolf howling in agony. 

"Let's end this once and for all. I, Jason Black, reject you, Veronica Smith, as my mate and future Luna of the Silvermoon pack." Jason says and I feel myself break down crying and falling to my knees. The pain is unbearable. I clutch my chest and I can hear everyone in the room laughing. 

"As you can see, you can't even handle a rejection without even crying." I hear Jason add. I look up and find them all heading towards the kitchen without looking back at the broken girl on the floor. With the strength I have, I get up from the floor and head straight out the door, not even waiting for them to disappear into the kitchen. I clutch my chest and start wheezing from the lack of oxygen in my body, but I keep running to Emily's house. 

Somehow I was able to open the door without a hassle and just fell straight onto the living room floor, where everyone else was. When they saw me, they all showed panic and concern because of my current state. Amelia helps me onto the couch and they try to find any injuries on me. 

"Veronica, what happened? Are you hurt?" Emily asks while holding my face to hers. 

"No-oo, I found my mate and he rejected me." I burst into tears after that. They looked at me in shock and sympathy after I told them. 

"What do you mean? Why would he reject you?" Louis asks this time.

"He said I am a weak, pathetic wolf who is a servant and only wants attention and money. He said I wasn't capable of becoming Luna of the pack." I sob into my hands remembering all the words they said to me.

"Luna? What are you trying to say? Is your mate an Alpha?" Amelia asks with surprise in her tone.

"Who's your mate?" Louis asks. He has always been protective of me. We have a lot in common and have been through so much that it has brought us closer. I would maybe think that I have a small crush on him, but I don't know how he would react, plus he has a mate out there and I don't want to make it hard for him. 

"Jason...Jason Black." I say in a whisper, but I can tell they heard it because their faces change emotion from sympathy to anger. I think I should have stayed quiet and never have told them anything and maybe just lie about the whole incident. At this, all their heads snap towards me and I am confused at what, until I remember that they can all read minds. 

"Why would you say that? This is your mate we are talking about. He has no right to reject you because of your background and something you did not do." Louis says with his voice raised slightly. 

"I don't want to cause any problems between anyone. Especially the Alpha of the pack we are in except you guys." I stare at Kamara, Natasha, Ethan, and Grayson. They technically snuck in without anyone knowing except us. 

"Well, we have a problem, but you didn't cause it. He did. I think we should go earlier than expected guys." Emily says while looking at the other primes. 

"What do you mean? Where are we going?" I ask. She looks at me and smiles. 

"Home. We are going where you were meant to be." she says.