Final Author's Note

Dearest reader,

When I joined Wattpad, I had no idea what to expect as I hit that "publish book" button.

What I never expected was this book to take off the way it did. Quite frankly, I'm still overwhelmed by the amount of attention it received. I feel like a radio because I keep repeating it but still: thank you so much. I'm very grateful for you being here, reading this, as always.

It was my pleasure writing BSTS, and at the risk of sounding very sappy: Better Sorry than Safe and its characters will always hold a special place in my heart, because this is the first novel I've ever written. No matter how much I'll think it sucks when I start editing (I think every writer has this, haha) I'll still love it to bits anyway.

I realise there are some of you who also wanted to read what happens after Sem tells the world he's gay. That wasn't in my plan for the story. I really wanted to focus on the journey that leads up to the eventual coming out, and I'm sorry if I gave the impression in my blurb that it would go beyond that.

If you enjoyed the story, related to the characters, think I succeeded in bringing across a message, or otherwise liked it, please consider leaving some votes and comments. I've heard some readers say they feel like it doesn't matter whether they vote and/or comment or not, but trust me, it does. So much. Votes and comments help keep this book scoring high on the ranking list, and thus, make it easier for more readers to find it via the recommendation system. Plus, it makes me very happy too to read your thoughts.

...

And now it's time for some more shameless self-plug: I've got another book up my sleeve that you may enjoy. So, did you ship Nick x Blake while reading Better Sorry than Safe? So do I! 

Check out Nick and Blake's book, While the Sun Shines, and watch the two navigate complicated feelings and romantic attraction that especially Nick didn't expect. While the Sun Shines is now completed and can be found on my profile: 

 While the Sun Shines is now completed and can be found on my profile: 

What do you get when you put a neurotic failed jock and the guy he used to bully in high school in one apartment? Well, an interesting situation. That's for sure.

***

Twenty-one-year-old Nick Walsh was used to being overlooked. His parents were always busy. He had never been as bold and outgoing as his friends. He couldn't seem to get lucky in love, and, after failing to get the attention of scouts for years, he can add 'failed soccer player' to the list.There was nothing keeping Nick home. So, what's a 'loser' with no plan in life to do, except flee abroad and escape having to think about life for a while? Nick had no idea what he'd find in the Netherlands. But he never thought it would be Blake Passant, a boy he has a long, troubled history with, sleeping in the bedroom opposite his in his student dorm.

Well then... Thanks again. Bye, but hopefully not goodbye!