Chapter Six

The party was in full swing when we arrived. Just how I like it.

"I'm going to go find Jessie." Ashley said and walked off.

"Let's go find Nate." Gerald grabbed my hand.

"Hey man!" Gerald greeted the soccer team including Nate once we found them.

Gerald was speaking to one of the other guy's when Nate approached me.

"Hey there, beautiful." He smiled.

"My name is Victoria!" I said annoyed.

"Whatever you say, sunshine." He winked.

"Jerk." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"Wanna get a drink?" He offered.

I remembered what happened at the last party I went to and decided not to. It's not that I didn't trust Nate, because I surprisingly did even after he 'forgot' me, it's just that I didn't feel like getting drunk.

"No I'll take a pass, remember last time?" I joked.

"Victoria, I would never do anything like that to you, ever." He said seriously.

"I know, it's just that I don't wanna get drunk at a party for a little while. I'm just not feeling it tonight. I promise it has nothing to do with you." I assured.

"It's okay, I understand." He smiled.

"Wanna dance?" I asked.

"Your boyfriend won't mind?" He smirked.

"I don't have a boyfriend, darling." I tilted my head.

"I was referring to Gerald."

"Well he's not my boyfriend and no, he won't mind." I said as we headed to the dance floor.

I was honestly having a lot of fun dancing with Nate. It felt good to let loose and have fun once in a while. I was ready glad to have a person like him in my life and I must admit, it did feel a little like old times.

We danced to about seven songs until I got tired and wanted some water. Nate handed me a glass of water which I gulped in seconds.

I walked back and spotted Ashley with a very worried looking Jessie. I quickly walked over there to see what was going on.

"Oh thank god, Victoria!" He said looking a little relived.

"What's wrong?"

"Ashley had a little too much to drink, now she's almost out." He said supporting her body.

"Why did she drink so much?" I asked, concerned about my friend.

"I really don't know, I guess she just wanted to have a little extra fun." He said still supporting her limp body.

"I was gonna take her home but I don't know what her parents would do if they saw her." Jessie said.

"They'd be furious. Just carry her to my car. I'll take her home with me." I ordered

After he laid her down and he kissed her forehead.

"Thanks for bringing her here." I smiled.

"It's definitely not a problem with me, especially for Ashley."

"Do you mind calling Gerald here so we can leave. I'm not leaving Ashley alone."

"Okay I'll be back soon." He said and ran off.

I waited impatiently and eventually seen Jessie approaching.

"Where's Gerald?" I asked impatiently.