Chapter 59: Party Arrival

Later that night...

"Ugh, why in the hell did I let you talk me into this?" I asked Cheryl from the passengers seat of her car, pulling on the hem of my skirt.

We were all meeting up at the Vanity nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel for my birthday, to have a night of drinks and dancing.

Cheryl, of course, had used my birthday as an excuse to buy me clothes. She had bought me a blue dress, among other items, but I had refused to wear another dress after what I had worn most of the afternoon at the photoshoot. She had also gotten me a black, "wet looking" style mini skirt, that had silver, square studs patterned along the sides.

I had to admit, I liked it. It was gothic looking, which is what I had been partly into lately, but it was a skirt.

A mini skirt!

Somehow, I had let her convince me that Zak would love me in it - one of her new favourite arguments to use against me - and so I had decided to wear it. But now - feeling incredibly exposed - I was regretting the decision.

"Oh relax! You look smokin' hot!" Cheryl replied.

I grumbled.

I had paired the skirt with a black tank top, that had a white cross on it that looked like it had been painted on. I had also decided to wear the cross that Zak had given me, partly because I hated that he had given me such an expensive and meaningful gift, and I had only really worn it during investigations. A good majority of the "Ghost Adventures" fans believed we were dating anyway, so there was really no point in hiding it anymore. I had then put on a pair of black, platform, heeled boots that laced up, and had studded straps that belted together at the top.

My hair was still fairly curly from the photoshoot earlier in the day, so I had left most of it down, with some pulled back from my temples and secured with a clip

My hair was still fairly curly from the photoshoot earlier in the day, so I had left most of it down, with some pulled back from my temples and secured with a clip. I stuck to my traditional, "less is more" makeup routine.

I had been in a dress most of the afternoon, with stiletto heels, doing my best to act sexy, and I now found myself in a mini skirt and heels. This was the most amount of time I had ever worn anything other than pants or shorts in my life.

"My feet are going to be dead by the end of the night. I'll have to get them amputated," I complained.

Cheryl laughed.

"Hey, you picked your own footwear! And don't be so silly," Cheryl said.

Cheryl was wearing a red, strapless, form fitting dress with thin, mesh, strip inserts under the bust, and at the bottom of the dress. She had paired it with a pair of red, strappy heels.

 She had paired it with a pair of red, strappy heels