|thirty four

the younger boy beside me handed me a cold bottle.

i opened the lid and took a drink,

looking up at the sky.

it's been so long since the last time i was here.

since all of us were here.

this stupid,

empty field.

as i felt his eyes,

i turned to jungkook.

"why are you staring at me, loser?" i asked laying down to get a better view of the stars.

jungkook sighed,

copying my actions.

"about what i wanted to tell you, i-"

he stopped and closed his eyes before opening them and staring into my own.

for some reason,

i felt my heart beat pick up.

just looking at him,

looking at me with those fucking eyes,

and that serious ass expression was having an effect on me.

"i love you."

my breath hitched in my throat.

my cheeks heated up,

but luckily it was dark.

"but i'm an idiot who thought it'd be a good idea to make sure i really did like guys before i confessed to you and because i had a hunch yoongi wasn't fully straight, i asked him to help me and we slept together and then he told me about you guys on the roof, and then kissed me, and you came- and i hate myself, but i love you, jimin."

ignoring both my feelings and my thoughts,

i sighed.

"why couldn't you have told me that months ago?"

"i was scared and i honestly wasn't even sure i was gay at that time so i just kept messing around with girls to get my mind off you and it didn't work."

i rolled my eyes.

"i spent years having a crush on you, you, asshole. now you think you can just confess?"

i kicked his leg.

"you do realize that i really can not handle dating anyone right now or for awhile right?" i needed to clarify that.

jungkook looked back up towards the sky.

"that's fine, i wasn't expecting you to feel the same anyway. i just really wanted you to know that you have someone that really appreciates you in this world."