"People watching"

We walked around the mall for about 3 hours and had bought nothing. Ray kept saying that he needed to find something to wear because he had a date, yet he had nothing. I was texting Gerard the whole time, and kept zoning out when Ray would talk. 
"Dude. You keep ignoring me, if you didn't want to come, you didn't have to. Could've just said no.." He said with a nervous laugh at the end. I shook my head,
"It's not that I didn't want to come, I am just texting someone." I told him as I locked my phone. He nodded and went to walk into American Eagle. I sat down on a bench and waited for him. He soon texted me telling me that he wanted me to come look at an outfit he had picked out.
"Do you like it?" He asked. It looked like something he already owned, but he wasn't spending my money so it didn't really matter. It was fairly simple. Just a black leather jacket, a white Ramones shirt, and black skinny jeans.
"Looks good." I tell him, he gave me a weird look. Like the 'I think you are lying but I am going to pray that you are telling the truth' look.
"Really?" He asks as he checked his outfit out in the mirror. 
"Yes, you should buy it. I'm sure she will love it." I reassured him. He smiled at it and went back into the changing room. My phone buzzed from inside my pocket.
Gerard is calling.
To say I wasn't panicking  was an understatement. I quickly ignored the call and shoved my phone in my pocket. Now I understand this wasn't the smartest idea, but I'm not the smartest person, so it's okay. 

To: Frank
From: Gerard

Hey, why did you ignore my call? 
Delivered
Read 6:26 pm

To: Gerard
From: Frank

Sorry, I am shopping with a friend. 
Delivered
Read 6:29 pm

I sat there waiting for Ray to get done. As I was sitting I was doing what I call "People watching" basically just observing anything and everything, usually I will just casually observe, but this time, a fairly tall guy with abnormally red hair caught my eye. He was walking and texting, when he nearly ran into a pole. When he realized that he had done that, he did what any other person would, look around to see if anyone had seen their 'near death' experience. Of course the first person he looks at is me. I feel my face flush as we lock eyes. His eyes grow huge (*Some might say they are the size of the moon*). He quickly turns and runs away, nearly falling in the process. 

To: Frank
From: Gerard

I am so sorry.
Delivered
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~