Chapter 2 - Returning Wounds

Chapter 2

What?

Kian's dating someone? 

How can he be dating someone after we've only been broken up for five months?

"He...I..." I can't find the words to respond, stuttering due to the major malfunction my brain is going through. 

"Maddie?" Angela calls my name after a few minutes of silence. I've been sitting in the car with one leg out for a while now, Ricky still on the phone with me. 

I don't even so much as show a sign that I heard her call my name. 

"Um, Ricky?" I say quietly, hoping he heard me. 

My mind can't process what is going on right now. I need to Leave the mall before I can understand this. 

"Yeah?" He responds immediately. 

"Where...where are you?" I say, holding back a shudder that could pass through my body. 

"At home, why?" He responds.

I nod my head slowly, pulling the phone away from my face. I look over to Angela, who is looking at me with worry in her eyes. 

"Can you take me to Ricky?" I ask her, hoping desperately that she'll say yes. 

She nods quickly, shutting her door. I pull my leg inside the car before closing my door. Immediately, Ang starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot, speeding towards Ricky's house, the O2L house. 

*****

"Come on," Ricky coos, pulling me from his car out into the fresh air of the outside. 

I slowly gain balance, holding into Ricky for dear life. 

After Angela reached the O2L house, Ricky met us outside fete he took me from her, ordering her away. He then put me inside his car, heading towards my apartment. 

The whole ride I didn't say a thing. I couldn't. 

We reach my apartment door, and my mind is so jumbled I can't even remember where my key is. I stand there, lost, and Ricky's eyes slowly lower to the floor, sadness filling them. 

He grabs my purse from my shoulder, unzipping the front pocket and retrieving my key. He pushes it in the lock before pushing the door to my apartment open. 

I look through the open doorway, focusing on the pattern of the wood on the floor. 

Ricky stares at me for a while, waiting for me to move, but I don't. I can't get my feet to work.