XXX¤ My Love

Images of them together flash through my mind on repeat. I yell and cry to the point where my lungs hurt and my voice fades out.

"You can block him out." Sarai's voice echoes through my head.

"No... I can't."

"Stop it Christopher! You were chosen for a reason! You're not weak! If you were you wouldn't have survived the transformation."

I claw at my head. My blood oozes out but then the wounds heal in seconds.

"Oh wow. Don't you look unwell." I open my eyes and look up at my equal. He smirks down at me. I watch as he kicks me onto my back.

"I want to see Dante."

He laughs, "if you can get out and get passed my guards then yes, you can see him. But obviously you can't. Look at yourself."

"Why don't you kill me?" I ask him.

He stays silent and stares at me. Almost reading me. "... What would be the fun in that?" He smiles and disappears.

I let my head fall.

"What's wrong with you Christopher? Where's you're fighting spirit?" Sarai asks.

I laugh bitterly.

"This is what I'd like to know. Why is he so set on purging you're kind from existence?"

"... In order to save the human race, we had to kill his lover."

"And now you're trying to use me to stop him from getting his revenge. I don't blame him. I would do the same thing if that happened to me. Maybe I should just let him kill you."

"Stop it Chris! You're not thinking clearly."

"Why doesn't Dante see that he's not me?" I ask no one in particular.

"The evil is manipulating him. Changing his scent to have it smell exactly like you so he doesn't suspect."

"Stop answering. Why are you here? Leave."

"You need me Christopher."

"No I don't."

"Stop doing this Christopher. I'm just trying to help."

I laugh, "then help me get out of here. You can do that much, no?"

"I- I... Can't. I'm sorry Christopher."

She doesn't speak after that. It becomes dead silent. I'm here alone in this unknown place. It doesn't scare me yet the more I'm here the more anxious I feel.

I stand up and take a deep breathe in. I sprint forward and get knocked down once I hit a wall. I touch the wall and walk alongside it.

He put me in a room. I ignite the walls up in flames and just watch it all burn. I start to gain hope until my flames begin to die and the walls begin to build themselves again. I pound on them and it's as if the wall begins to move closer to me.

What kind of room is this?

The wall continues to move closer to me. I don't worry until I walk back and hit another wall.