Chapter 8

I walked out of the classroom holding my head high. Luc may have won that little battle, but overall I had won the war, and I was not about to let some bad tempered bossy vampire ruin my life. Taking a deep breath I slowly exhaled all the badness. The worst was over, and now I could move on.

 BAM

 My whole body slammed into a solid wall of flesh. I stumbled backwards but was quickly steadied by a pair of unfamiliar hands. Catching my balance I looked up at the person I had ran into to apologize but stopped.

 This man was suspiciously handsome, too handsome to be human. He was shorter and leaner than Luc, but he looked strong. In fact the way he stood reminded me of someone from the military. His clothes were simply and practical, cargo pants and a gray t-shirt. He was watching me, but he was also watching the whole corridor.

 “Forgive your Highness, Luc sent me to protect you” He said in an accented voice said.

 Oh God, these damn vampires were everywhere! They were like rats! It didn’t matter where I was, I would always be a few feet from one.

 Raising my hands I said, “Listen, I want nothing to do with your kind, so do not follow me.”

 I walked away from him, but soon heard his footsteps a few feet behind me. I turned sharply and saw him behind me. The asshole did not even have the decency to look guilty or apologize. Instead he just waited for me to move.

 "Miss. Hayden, you're forgetting something!" I heard Luc calling to me from the classroom.

 Biting my tongue, I swung round to see Luc casually strolling up the corridor. Coolly I asked him, “Does this,” I said pointing at the G.I Joe, “Belong to you?”

 “This is not Joe. His name is Nico and he will be your body guard in college when I am not around to protect you,” Luc said.

 “I thought I made it clear that I want nothing to do with you!” I snapped.

 Ignoring my point Luc handed me a piece of paper, “I want to see you exactly at this time in this location.”

 I screwed the piece of paper up and threw it at his stupid chest, “Go to Hell,” I snapped.

 “Mia you are making things between us very difficult. Now I am asking you very nicely to meet me after college. If you do not want me to do things nicely, then I can make things very difficult for you.”

 “And how are you going to do that? By shouting at me in class, humiliating me in front of my peers or maybe you will just bite me again,” I said lowering my voice.

 “I could tell the head of department you were disruptive in my seminar. I could tell the head that you smelt of alcohol. I could ensure that this department took disciplinary action against you, resulting in permanent ugly mark on your otherwise pristine academic record,” He said.

 My heart dropped. Crap. That would be bad. That would be really bad. Anyone caught drinking alcohol underage on campus could get kicked out of college, and if I ever wanted to work in government then a bad record could be really bad for my job prospects.

 I paused and reconsidered my positioned, which was Luc really had me by the balls.

 Stooping down I picked up the piece of paper and shoved it in my bag, “Fine, I will be there but that does not mean I have to listen to whatever nonsense you have got to say,” I snapped.

 Luc smiled triumphantly, “I’m glad we are finally seeing eye to eye, my love.”

 “Do not call me that- never call me that. Pet names were for people who genuinely loved each other,” I hissed.