33. Revelations.

Hades' face went blank for what felt like an eternity. Then he turned incandescent with rage. "What?" The simple word was roared, eyes flashing with the fires of Erebus. The room seemed to grow darker, shadows crawling up the walls.

"Hades." Percy responded calmly, knowing that Hades' anger was not intended for him and he did not mean to intimidate.

"I thought that boy could do no worse." Hades shook his head, looking grief-stricken. "And now you're telling me that he's responsible for the agony my son and my nephew have been in for years?"

"I didn't even think about Apollo," Percy realised. "I'd only read the damn thing minutes before you came in, I ran to be sick when it sunk in."

"How detailed is it?" Hades asked.

"I didn't read it properly." Percy shook his head. "I started reading the very first entry and was laughing until I was crying over what he was writing about his first impressions of us and then I wondered whether or not he'd written down anything to do with Octavian's resurrection since I figured that we weren't going to get any clear answers from them. Luke and I asked Octavian as we were walking back and he said he didn't know all of the gruesome details and we should ask Nathan because he didn't like to think about it."

He took a moment to collect himself before reopening the diary, easily finding the entry due to the fact a few of the pages had bent when it had fallen to the floor. The words were beginning to shift and manipulate themselves into incoherent jumbles and sentences that looked as if Yoda had written them, starting with the end. He bit his lip, trying to focus, trying to make his brain understand that there was a tragedy lying on the pages before him and he needed to understand it. The more he tried to read, the more frustrated he felt at his inability to process it properly. His emotions were running higher and higher, and it didn't seem like they were going to take a tumble any time soon.

"If I read that in the state I am currently in, there will be nothing on Olympus, Earth, or in the depths of Tartarus that could stop me from striking that boy down where he stands." Hades warned, interrupting his thought process. "Whether I gave you my word or not."

"I know." Percy grimaced. "It's just..." He gestured helplessly to the page before letting out a frustrated noise. "I was fine. I could read them, there were just a few stray letters but nothing that made it unreadable. Now it's just a jumble, everything is moving and nothing will settle."

"Perseus," Hades intoned. He looked up to see Hades holding his hand out, offering to take the diary out of his hands.

"You just said-"

"I know what I just said," Hades cut him off gently. "I didn't think to ask about your dyslexia though, I do apologise.

He stared at the pages for a long moment before handing it over to Hades, gesturing to where he had stopped reading before he had allowed it to fall to the floor. The god took a moment to skim the rest of the page, his mouth settling into a thin line as his frown deepened. When he reached where Percy had pointed to, he started to read aloud.

'Will fucking Solace, di Angelo's little love affair. A dangerous choice some may say, but we all think that di Angelo will be too wrapped up in his own grief to notice if the circumstances of Will's death are suspicious. Tanner has suggested that we break an Oath on the Styx in proximity and hope he fries in the resulting blast. And if that doesn't immediately kill him, well... Nobody is known to survive one of Zeus' blasts for very long. Even if Apollo himself rushes to Camp to tend to him, death will be inevitable and we'll have a body to burn on the full moon.