Fifty Eight

Hey.

Heyyy, what's up?

Soo, are you busy this friday?

No, not really. Why?

Well, I was wondering if you wanted to grab some dinner with me.

Like a date?

Do you want it to be a date?

Yeah, um...about that.

You know, I think I have some other plans this Friday, can we raincheck?

Oh...yeah sure.

I'll text you okay?

Yeah, yeah.

Bye Austin.

...bye

---

George or Austin, sighed in disappointment the moment she hung up on him. Maria had been acting weird after the kiss, and it bothered him that she wouldn't tell him what was wrong with her.

He thought that his feelings were mutual but looking at how she handled things between them, keeping distance, it made him realize that it maybe wasn't so mutual. And it made him sad to know that maybe the kiss meant nothing to her, and that maybe she only said she liked him back for the sake of his ego, or hers? I don't know.

On the other hand, Maria was feeling guilty for rejecting his offer for a dinner. She was the one who brought up the idea of a "date" then why would she run away?

Truth to be told, she was terrified. Maria had never felt a connection this strong with someone and it scared her. Sure, she dated people back in high school, but she had never felt anything like this. Everything about Austin was different, even the kiss felt different.

She was confused. He lied to her about being Austin, he knew it was her the minute she told him her name. Despite the hurt that she felt, she still wanted to trust him.

Is that even normal? she thought.

Maria had never been good with relationships, which made this one of the reasons why she took up psychology. She wanted to learn how the brain actually worked when someone fell in love. She wanted to know why people give up so much for their loved ones. But right now, she was the one who experiencing this, and still she had no idea why.

"This is so frustrating!" She screamed and buried her head in her pillow.

"You okay there, ree?" Blake asked when he heard his sister screaming like someone stole her fork. He sat on the bed beside her and stroked her hair.

"Why do I have to like him?" She asked her brother.

"Who are we talking about now?"

"George" or Austin, or whatever the hell his name was.

"Ah, your dummy." Blake said. Maria narrowed her eyes at her brother.

"I never told you that George was him." She said and Blake shrugged.

"It doesn't take a genius to find out."

"But...how?"

"You see, sister. Just by looking at the way he was looking at you, it was obvious. That dude adores you, seriously. But yet I can see the guilt in his eyes every time he talks to you, as George and not Austin. I may not be a psychology student, but I know guilt when I see it."