Chapter Twenty-Five: Thunder Storms

Chapter Twenty-Five

“Shoot!” I screeched in fright as I bolt upright, awake as ever.

A storm was raging outside and the thunder was scaring the hell out of me. When I went to bed, I was alright because it was only a light drizzle but I had no idea it would evolve into a full on storm. I wasn’t particularly fond of thunder and lightning ever since I was a child. When I was a kid, thunderstorms was one of the very rare times that my parents would allow me to squeeze in between them on the bed so I could fall asleep.

Looking around Drew’s window, I sighed as I heard the loud pitter patter of the rain outside. After agreeing to Ariel’s offer, I called Jazzy to tell her I’m staying over. Ariel gave me her old pajamas but the shirt was little too snug on me so she gave me one of Drew’s shirts. I reluctantly took it and I came all the way to my thighs as I wore Ariel’s cotton pajama pants.

After a few minutes, no thunder followed the previous one, I laid back down and closed my eyes. Unfortunately though, the minute I did, another thunder roared and this one was a lot louder.

What am I going to do now?

Diving back into my covers, I shut my eyes tightly and prayed that the thunder stopped but one of the loudest thunders clapped and I let out an involuntary scream.

I prayed that I didn’t wake up any of the members of this family. Unfortunately, I heard footsteps coming nearer to this room. The door knob jiggled a little before the door slowly creaked open. Drew stood there in his boxers and white shirt, holding a lamp with his hand and in a stance, ready to attack.

“What was that?” he asked, looking around for any intruders.

“Bad dream,” I lied through my teeth but Mother Nature loved to prove me wrong so she let out another thunder and I visibly flinched.

“Looks to me that you’re scared,” he smirked, putting down the lamp he was holding and approached the bed slowly.

“Sorry,” I muttered, covering my face with the blanket, “Go back to sleep.”

“I can’t exactly do that when I know that there’s a girl shaking in terror inside my room,” he teased.

He turned around and headed to the door. I was quite sure that he was going to resume his position on the couch and sleep like a baby, but to my shock, he came back with the couch cushions and a bunch of pillows along with two blankets.

Drew neatly set up his own bed on the floor next to where I was laying on. He draped one blanket on the pile of cushions then he laid down on it before he covered his body with the other.

“You can’t sleep there,” I told him, starting to get up, “If you’re just going to sleep on your own room, you might as well claim your own bed.”

“Celeste,” he stopped me by saying my name and with the hard look he had on, “I think my mom would murder me if she found out that you slept on the floor.”

I sighed and slipped out of the bed and plopped down on the cushion next to him, “If you’re sleeping on the floor then I’m sleeping down here too.”

“You’re stubborn, you know that?” he shook his head and I grinned.

“Yup.”

“It would be better if I just don’t argue with you,” he let out in defeat and stood up to arrange the cushions so there was space for the both of us.

The thought of sleeping next to Drew made my heart race into a very unhealthy speed. I felt like there were horses running inside my chest. Why the hell did I think of this idea?