Chapter 39: Mr. Acrimony

VOTOMMENTO!! (VOTE AND COMMENT!!)

(Haha I've noticed a bunch of people have 'Vommit' and that kinda reminds me of bulimia so I didn't want to use it... I figured mine sounds more like something Voldemort would say when he goes all bad-ass on HARRY POTTA....so it's cooler....yeah...that sounded better in my head.

ANYWAYS, oh yes, it's a FULL MOON where I live. I had to upload. Hope you enjoy!!  ;) <3

~Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you. ~I feel so cold and I long for your embrace.
******************************************************************************************************* 

You know who had dropped me off at the thirty-third floor…only adding to one of the worst days of my life.

“Stairs suck,” I told myself for the fifth time as I ran up the long spirally staircase. Those stairs usually used as an emergency escape, fire exits, health nut they’re used for burning some extra calories after stopping at the donut shop across the street during lunch, or if you’re me, the Grim Reaper messed with the elevator and you were trying to stay as far away from the elevator as possible, just in case.

These stairs will definitely define my butt and calves by the time I got to the meeting’s floor.

As I reached the sixtieth floor I was gasping for air and sweat dripped down my back. I rested on one of the railings and waved casually at a man in a suit also using the stairs. His hair was dark as well as his eyes, blending into the dark tones of his clothes.

“Nice day,” I said casually as he walked by trying to hide my obvious stop for air after running up thirty flights of stairs.

At first I thought he was deaf because he hadn’t responded to me but as he walked a few feet he turned around and gave me a strange look and replied with, “I’m sorry, where you talking to me? ”

I cleared my throat awkwardly as he took his Bluetooth out of his ear. “It’s nothing… I was just saying how…how…nice it was outside.”

“Nice?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. He smiled and took a step towards me. “It’s pouring outside and is freezing.” He searched my eyes as if trying to figure me out. “Have we met before?”

I adjusted the papers in my hands. Had he seen the images taken by the business people? The guy’s eyes flickered to my clothes and then back to my face. Oh no…does he think I’m ‘easy’ because I’m wearing David’s clothing? He’s way too cute to just start talking to me like this unless he has a reason!

 “I don’t think so,” I replied coolly. “I work on the top floor. I don’t really see much besides buildings and David’s pen’s flying around the room when he’s mad.”

I took note that he didn’t laugh. “David?”

“Yep, David Star.”

He made a face. “You work on the top floor with David?”

“Yes.”

His dark eyes flickered from my shirt all the way down to my bare feet and he clucked his tongue. “And you’re wearing his clothes, yes?”

“Well yes,” I said quickly, starting to become flustered. “I needed a change of clothes I spilled water and—“

“So he also likes you,” he concluded, crossing his arms over his chest. “And you’re his what? Assistant?”