Headcanon: Cassandra

Cassandra's mother had died in childbirth and so had done her mother, and her mother, so when it turned out that Cassandra was pregnant, those who knew the cause of her mother's death were not only happy, but scared as well.

It was hard for Cassandra to tell Horace. It would have been even harder to tell her other friends, so Horace and Cassandra decided not to tell them. During the few meetings they had with their friends, those noticed something was on their mind. But they didn't ask, knowing the Royal Family would tell them if that was necessary. But they didn't, because it was too hard to tell.

It was hard to realize that it was only until the moment she would give birth, that they would know what her body would and or would not be able to take. Only then, they'd know who would or would not survive. 

Duncan even had a talk with Horace, about what would happen if Cassandra would not survive. Horace would then be second in line for the throne. 

Both Horace and Cassandra didn't share their fears with each other. If they cried, they cried alone. They wanted to be strong for the other.

The first time they cried together, was after Madelyn's birth. It was only then that they dared to tell the other how scared they had been.

But that one time crying together, made their fears disappear. Madelyn was born and everything was all right. Both Cassandra and Madelyn were healthy.

The new princess was born, and, for the first time, the mother was still alive. 

>>>---------->

Finally a real head canon again xD. An one-shot is on its way, I'm going through the final edits so you can expect it in a week :)

Tip: It has to do with 18 months before book 12...