Escape (Theon Greyjoy x fem!Stark reader)

"Theon, please slow down!" you panted. You and Theon had been on the run since you'd jumped off the wall at Winterfell after escaping Ramsay Bolton. When you hit the ground, something near your foot had popped. It was definitely broken so you were dragging it behind you and moving impossibly slow. Even slower than Theon who could only limp. It had been cold when you left Winterfell and the temperature was only dropping.

"Theon, I need to stop. I'm wet and freezing," you said. You weren't whining, but you knew the truth. "We can't stop! They will catch us!" Theon cried turning back to you. You finally gave into the pain and sank down into the snow before Theon could stop you. "Y/N, we must keep moving!" You gazed up at him, tears of pain and grief in your (e/c) eyes. You were shivering uncontrollably and your lips were turning blue.

"You will freeze if you stop," Theon begged you. Now that you were on the ground, you couldn't push yourself back up. Your ankle wouldn't let you stand again. "I can't." Theon sighed and walked away. You knew he was going to leave you to die in the white blanket covering the ground. You lay on the ground sobbing until you heard footsteps approaching you. It could have been minutes or hours since Theon left and now you were frightened as well as broken. Some wolf of Winterfell you were.

You felt someone clumsily grab under your arms and start dragging you. You began to scream, but a voice you recognized said, "Hush. I found a cave." Theon was slowly dragging you across the ground, doing his best not to make the pain worse. When you were both in the cave, Theon let you go. You felt your eyes getting heavy. "Y/N, you have to stay awake." You nodded, but felt your eyes drooping closed anyway. Part of you realized that you were probably going to die out there. You wanted to make it to the Wall to see Jon, but with your ankle, there was no way.

"Theon, you should go," you said through chattering teeth, "Just leave me. I'm going to die anyway. If not from my broken ankle, then from the cold. I'm just too cold, Theon." Theon shook his head, his eyes wide at the suggestion. He's already betrayed and failed your family enough. He just couldn't leave you to die. Not after he'd tried to save you. "No. I will find a way to get you to Jon and face the consequences for my actions if I must. I am not leaving you here," he stuttered out. He was still trying to find himself again after Ramsay's torture.

Theoncame closer to you and hesitantly put his arm around you in an attempt to keepyou warm. "We will make it out of here, Y/N. I promise you." You didyour best to cuddle closer into Theon without hurting your ankle. "Thankyou, Theon, but it will take us far too long to get to Castle Black on foot.We'd both die before we made it." Theon shook his head, trying to stop youfrom thinking that way. "We aren't going to die. We will get to CastleBlack," he vowed, pulling you even closer.