Chapter 5: The Contract!

Nicholas's POV

She just fooled me. Bitch! I thought she was different. Different! Damn! She's like a witch from a different world.

"Mom? Dad? What are you all doing here?" She asked clueless.

"It was me dear." My mom said excitedly clapping her hands together. "I recognized you the moment I saw you that day. Your parents were so worried when you ran away five years back. We thought we scared you with the marriage proposal, so you ran away. But now everything's fine. You and my son have fallen in love. Finally! Our dreams have come true. We don't have to change our plans now. Me and Elena are so going to enjoy shopping for the wedding" My mom started rambling.

"Mom there's not going to be a wedding anytime soon" I interrupted.

"What?" My mom asked with a shocked face. But she was trying to be hopeful. Nope... I'm not going to cancel the marriage. I will go through this marriage with the same cunning women. "Oh my God" I heard my Mom again. I looked at her holding her head as though she's having a headache or going to faint and the other holding onto my Dad for support.

"What are you saying son?" My dad started.

"Wait Mom, I didn't mean to say that we are not going through the wedding at all. we will. At some point we have to but not so early. At least we both want to decide on the date on our own." I said and everyone looked at Ms. Evelyn for confirmation, she nodded with a nervous smile, confused with what I just said. Her fake smile adding to my annoyance.

"Oh! Okay sure, Agreed, since it's our Kate... you don't have to marry within a month" My mom said happily. All her headache gone. I know she was faking it. After all, she's my mom. I know her very well! "Oh and you even have to sign the papers. Give me a minute, it's in the room I'll bring it down." My mom said dragging Dad along with her but turned around "Mr & Mrs Linard. Please follow. And you kids, you all go sit in the garden area, we'll be back soon" she said. Papers? Dad understood my question, but his face held an expression as blank as a sheet not giving away anything.

I lead them all to the garden. But Evelyn kept glancing at me from time to time. I only looked at her once, more like glare and she turned her eyes away.

"Oh my God. Look at her clothes Peter.... Don't you have any shame?" Rose her elder sister asked taunting her, while Peter started laughing looking her up and down.

Evelyn's POV

What is wrong with my clothes? I tried so hard to dress well, even Nick agreed. May be he was just trying to make me feel good. Oh god what might be Aunt Nina thinking, she is very fashion conscious. Wait! Why am I getting influenced by them again? They were always like this. I need to stop this, I can get manipulated very easily. Assholes.

"Why you find my clothes very plain Rose? I guessed so, especially in front of those slut like skirt of yours, I might be looking like Jane." I said and I heard Nick snickering behind me.

"You bitch! How dare you insult me! Call me a slut. You were the one who ran away because of your insecurities. Don't know to where, in which whorehouse!" she said flipping her hair.

I couldn't help but to gasp at that comment. "You will not insult my bride-to be in my house or anywhere and definitely not in front of me" Nick's voice boomed like thunder from behind me making us all flinch with fear.

"Evelyn... get in" It feels good to hear my name from his mouth after all these days. He always called me Kate, and I always felt like he was cursing me. "I said get in" he said through gritted teeth bringing me out of my thoughts and I entered while he followed behind with his hand on my waist.