Chapter Eighty

"Damon? Where the hell are you?" I questioned into the phone. Walking up the concrete steps into the sheriff's station.
"Where are you?" He countered.
"Apparently the same place you are. Stefan dropped me off."
"Is that Lillie?" I heard down the phone.
"Is that Ric?" I asked. I slipped past the front desk and continued on down a corridor.
"Yes to both of you," Damon said. "Now, something a little more important; What are you doing here, Lillie?"
"Stefan dropped me off," I repeated. "Why? Don't you want to see me?"
"You know I do, just now might not be the best time."
"You're hiding something," I stated. "what are you hiding, Damon?" I turned the last corner and I saw exactly what he had been withholding from me.
"What the fuck is going on?!" I exclaimed, promptly hanging up the phone and hurrying to Damon and Liz's side. I stared at Alaric sitting helplessly behind the bars. "What are you doing in there?" I turned to Damon. "What is he doing in there?"
"They think that I'm the one that's been killing council members," Ric informed. His voice was dry and it croaked, but at least he sounded mostly alright, just tired.
"That's ridiculous," I scoffed, "Ric wouldn't do that – he's not a killer."
"It's only detainment, Lillie. He was shot-"
"Then he should be in a hospital," I argued.
Liz rolled her eyes. "Dr Fell used vampire blood to heal him."
"She's the one who shot me!" Alaric snapped.
"After you went at her with a knife," Liz easily responded.
I turned to look at Damon and just stared as he looked unamused by the whole thing. His eyes jumped from Liz to Ric as they continued to bounce back and forth about what happened.
"Liz," Damon finally intercepted. "are you missing the part where he was a victim too? Stabbed in his own home. Lillie here witnessed it." His hand clamped down on my shoulder. Liz looked at me, expectantly.
I shook my head, "No," I said. "I was there, but I wasn't really there. I didn't see anything."
"Liz, c'mon, you know Ric and you know that he wouldn't do something like this. It was that crazy Doctor," Damon said. "The one that is now in charge of signing death certificates under 'animal attacks'."
"Why would Meredith be murdering council members?" Liz questioned.
"Why would Alaric?" I countered.
Liz sighed tiredly. "Look guys, my hands are tied here for now and I'm doing my job. I don't believe for a moment that Ric, you're killing people, however you were shot and have vampire blood running through your system; I'm being safe and thorough. Meredith said that you went after her with a knife, that's something, as Sheriff, I can't ignore."
"Self-defence," Damon said. "She was holding a gun to him, of course he was going to lash out."
"It was also a knife that I found in her belongings," Alaric supplied.
"I'm doing the best I can but all evidence is leading to you," said Liz.
"Then perhaps there needs to be a little more digging going on," Damon mused.
Liz turned on him. "Oh no. Not going to happen Damon. You have to stay out of it. You bring more bad than good and you might just land yourself in a cell beside your friend."
"I can't be arrested," he boasted. "It's physically impossible."
"But you can be detained with vervain. Don't be stupid Damon, getting into more trouble isn't going to get Ric out of here any sooner."
Alaric cleared his throat. "And if it's any consolation to you, I'd like to be out of here as soon as possible."
I wrapped my arm around Damon. "Don't you two worry, I'll look after him."
He scoffed but draped his arm over my shoulder. I could feel the movement of the shake of his head and I could only imagine what he was lip saying. I elbowed him in the ribs. "We'll pop by later to see you, Ric. I am sorry that you're stuck in this shitty situation."
He waved me off. "Not your fault. Although I would like to finally be able to thank you for trying to save my life the other day. The others didn't want to believe it but I knew that had your emotions still been off, I wouldn't have lived. So thank you. I know it cost you your secrecy and I really do appreciate it."
"No need for the Dramatics, Ric, you've only been arrested," Damon joked.
I grinned. "Right, we're going. Damon and I need to talk about him turning my friend's mom into a vampire and not telling me about it."
Damon went ridged beside me. "That's a conversation I really don't want."
I squeezed my hold on him. "Tough."
"What did you do, Damon?" Liz asked, exasperatedly.
"Nothing," he replied, offhandedly. "Why do you people always assume I did something."
"Because you're always doing something."
"This time It was for a good reason."
"Just go, Damon. I'll take over from here and see what I can do about Ric," Liz assured with a pat on the shoulder. "Just no dead bodies."
Damon grinned widely. "No promises."

Damon and I left in silence, our fingers twined together but nothing was said as we got into the car. The engine purred to life and Damon pulled out of his space.
"Are you going to tell me what I did was wrong, or what?" He finally said, breaking the silence.
"Maybe," I said. "What happened?"
"What do you know?"
"Not much, just that Bonnie's devastated that her mom's now a blood-sucking monster. Why did you do it, Damon?"
He glanced over at me and then proceeded to look forward out the front screen. "It was the only way to stop the ritual – the only way to save your life."
"What?"
"Rebekah was going to kill you if we didn't find a way to stop Ester. I did what I had to do to make sure that you were safe."
"And there wasn't another way?"
"We didn't have enough time to try and figure something out. It was a kind of do-or-die moment. Besides people are ignoring the fact that she's still technically alive. It was a win-win for us all."
"Except Bonnie."
"Who is also alive."
"Exactly," Damon smiled. "everyone lived: Elijah, Bonnie, her mom, Rebekah-"
"Speaking of the blonde original," I interrupted. "Why wasn't it you that came for me last night? Stefan saved me."
Damon went quiet, the smile from a moment ago, slipped from his features. "Does it matter?"
"Kind of," I said, obviously. "I hoped it would be you."
"Stefan got to you first."
"What does that even mean?"
"It means, Stefan got to you first," he said, bitterly. "What did you think it meant? One of us had to deal with the Bennett witches and I chose that someone to be me."
I frowned. "Stefan could have dealt with Abby and Bonnie, why did it have to be you? Why didn't you decide to save your girlfriend instead?"
Damon's brows furrowed deeply and his jaw clenched whilst his grip on the wheel tightened; his knuckles paling at the strong hold. "Why does it bother you so much?" Something changed just then. I could feel it – I could feel him pulling away from me. "Can't you just be grateful that you're alive?"
"Can't you be less of a dick?" I questioned rhetorically.
"Look Lillie, girlfriend or not, I'm the bad brother. I kill people because I like it, Stefan is the saint, he cares about people – he's good. That's why he was the one to save you, because someone had to be the hero. And I'm not the hero type."
"I don't want a hero, I want you."
"Oh please, everyone wants a hero, you're no different."
"I'm no different?"
"You're just like everyone else, Lillie. You keep trying to see the good in the things I do; don't think I haven't noticed the lack of anger at the fact I turned one of your friend's moms into a vampire."
"Because I under-"
"No, I killed her. End of story, there's no other way of looking at it and you're not mad about that. You seem to be angrier that I wasn't the one to swoop into your rescue."
"What's wrong with you?" I snapped. "What have I done to deserve this from you? I just wanted to know why you weren't there, it's that simple. You're the one whose turned this into a big deal. What is your problem, Damon?"
My brows pulled into tight and I stared at the side of Damon's face as he pulled up in front of the grill. "You want things from me that I can't give you."
"Oh yeah?" I snorted. "Like what? Please, enlighten me."
He shook his head and cut the engine. "I'm not discussing this with you right now."
"Why not?" I demanded. "What don't you want to say to me?"
"I don't want to hurt your feelings."
"You're already doing that, Damon."
"Then let's stop talking, shall we." He reached out to open the door but I quickly latched onto his arm, yanked him back.
"You're being a child."
"I'm avoiding a problem."
"I'm a problem?"
He pinched the bridge of his nose. "That's not what I meant."
"That's what it sounded like." I let his arm go and sat back. "is it that fact that I said 'girlfriend?'"
"Why would that bother me?"
"You tell me," I retorted. "This has happened before, Damon. What do you have against those terms? Do you not see me as your girlfriend? Is that it? Am I looking too much into this-" I waved a hand between us. "-into us?"
"God!" He threw his head back and groaned. "No, not at all. That's not what this is, Lillie. I love you." He tenderly took my hand and reached forward to cup my cheek. "You shouldn't be questioning that."
"You're making me," I said.
"I'm sorry," he apologised, but he sounded if not a tad resentful of his words. "I do love you, believe me. I wouldn't have done half the things I have if I didn't." His thumb brushed softly across my cheek and then his hand slid into my hair. He pulled me closer. "I say the wrong things all the time," his voice had dropped.
I stared into his icy eyes, hoping to see anything there that would help to reassure me that the problem here wasn't with me or with us. But I couldn't. I just saw the distracted glazed over gaze of the man I loved. I knew him better than he thought I did and I knew that his words were empty. Cold and shallow, said only to wrap me in a false comfort to distract me from what he really wanted to say or do.
He kissed me.
But it didn't feel right. The familiar warmth that used to fill me whenever we kissed before was missing. So was the familiarity of it. It was like kissing a stranger. An extremely distant stranger. I broke away to breathe and I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes to see Damon. I couldn't even be sure that it was really him sitting in the car beside me. What if this was my imagination – a lie. What if I had died last night and this is what was left for me; the shadow of a man whom I had loved. A constant, torturous reminder of what was ripped away from me.
His lips pressed to my forehead. "I love you."
You're overreacting, I thought to myself. I forced a smile, a tight, toothless smile. "You too."

Damon and I entered the Grill together, his arm was once again wrapped around my waist. He led me through the room toward the dart board. "Stefan," Damon greeted as we came to stop. "I'm glad that you made it."
"Brother. I've got the journal you were looking for earlier." Stefan held a brown, worn, leather-bound journal in one hand. He held it out to Damon. "Here. It might help."
Damon reached out to grab it but at the last second Stefan ripped it away. "What are you looking for?" he demanded in a casual tone, re-wrapping the tie around the journal and then tucking it away in his jacket pocket, out of Damon's reach.
Damon rolled his eyes. "Should have known."
"What do you want it for Damon?"
"You know; I didn't think that you would take my brotherly-bonding suggestion seriously."
Stefan reach over the bar and with quick hands, snatched a bottle of tequila. He picked up three shot glasses and spread them out on a tall side table next to us.
"You're my brother Damon,"
"Yes, Stefan," Damon said with a roll of his eyes. "I'm well aware of that." He lifted a shot and swallowed it back.
"And I'm curious why you're so interested in 1912."
"is it really any of your business."
"You're trying to find something that I wrote -I'm curious of what."
I sat down on a stool and took my shot. "You two are tip-toing around the other, why?"
Damon and Stefan exchanged a look before Damon rolled his eyes and moved to my side. "Stefan's still in a grump over the fact that I went behind his back last night and killed Abby."
"You said Stefan knew about that."
"He did."
"It was supposed to be me that killed her," Stefan informed.
"What are you two talking about, did you flip a coin just to see who got the pleasure of killing Abby Bennett?" My eyes widened as neither said a work. "You tossed a fucking coin?!"
Then they ignored me

I watched for over two hours as Stefan and Damon bonded, both evading the reason there were actually there. They included me, kept buying me drinks, offering to let me play the winner in whatever game they were playing at the time was - it seemed to alternate between darts and pool, both of which I suck majorly at. I turned them down time and time again, I knew there was something between the brothers that wasn't quite right. They were tense and uneasy, alert, more so than they should be around each other. I kept my eye on Damon. I noticed as time progressed that Damon was itching to get a hold of that journal in Stefan's jacket pocket and I was waiting for Damon to finally snap and forcefully take it. It's worked for him before. But that never happened. I kept expecting it, but nothing. Even though they were both actively perceptive of the other, they finally looked and acted like brothers. It was refreshing to see them bonding instead of fighting and arguing. It was nice to see them both having the support that they were obviously missing.
Damon retook his seat beside me and draped an arm around the back of my chair, sliding his bourbon in front of me. I smiled and accepted it, gulping it back. Stefan got up and took his turn in front of the dartboard.
"You're being extremely patient," Stefan said. He threw a dart and hit the centre. "It's very un-damon-like."
"I've turned over a new leaf," he replied easily.
Stefan threw another, achieving the same results. "What happened in 1912 that you're so interested in?"
Damon reached across the table and drank Stefan drink. "What do you remember about 1912?"
"Not much, it's kind of blurry, why?"
"I think Ric really is the one killing council members."
"What?" I snapped. "That's ridiculous. Ric is not killing anyone!"
Stefan slid back into his seat, interested. "What makes you say that?"
I turned to Stefan in disbelief. "You're not actually contemplating this, are you?"
His hands clasped together in front of him on the table and he leant forward. "Ric's Damon's friend, why would he agree with something like this if he didn't have theory."
"Because Damon doesn't think about things."
He flicked my shoulder. "I'm sitting right here."
"And I'm still right," I said.
Damon ignored me and turned to his brother, seriously. "In 1912 there was a serial killer in Mystic falls - one of the human type and just like now, it was only targeting council members."
"So? What's that got to do with Alaric?" I pressed.
"I'm getting to that," he said. "We came both came back for Zachariah funeral, do you remember?"
Stefan nodded. "Yeah, they caught the killer though and I doubt Alaric is trying to replicate a series of murders from nearly a hundred years ago."
Damon sighed, agitatedly. "You're not thinking about it deeply enough. The murders were being executed by Samantha Gilbert."
"My ancestor?"
Stefan's eyes widened. "Are you saying-"
"Yes."
"I'm lost," I said, hopelessly. "Can someone please fill in the huge, gaping blanks."
"The ring Ric wears that allows him to cheat death, it was given to him by Isobel, who got it from John Gilbert. It's exactly the same as a ring Samantha wore in 1912. She ended up going insane, and she was caught at her last murder scene. How many times do you think you're able to cheat death before there are consequences? Before death finds a way to catch up to you?"
I sat there in silence for a good few moments, going over everything that they'd just said. It sounds ridiculous and totally far-fetched but when looking back at the murders it makes sense. When Alaric was 'attacked' I was there, in the house, I never heard anyone enter but him. No one else was in the house.
"Couldn't there be another theory? I mean, are you trying to say Ric's just crazy or this magical ring is making him kill people?"
"I'm not sure," Damon said. "But it has to be the ring, it's the only thing that can make sense."
"Oh yeah," I said sarcastically. "A killer ring makes total sense."
"You're not helping right now, Lillie," Damon said.
"Oh, sorry, I didn't know that's what I was supposed to be doing."
Stefan cleared his throat, "Say that is the cause, what exactly can we do to help or stop it?"
"I haven't gotten that far yet, but magic created the rings, magic must have a way of reversing the effects of it."
"So we need Bonnie," I said, "great. You just killed her mom, Damon. She's not going to help you."
"That's why I'm going to recruit Elena. Bonnie can't say no to her."
"Her mom just died, Damon. What part of that aren't you getting? She's too busy."
"This is Ric we're talking about," Damon turned to me harshly. "No is not an answer I'm willing to accept, are you?" he then turned to Stefan. "What about you brother-" He cut himself off and I looked over at Stefan. He wasn't paying attention to us anymore. His gaze was fixated on the waitress walking past. For a moment I thought that he was checking her out but then his top lip pulled back and he flashed his fangs.
"Stefan?" I said slowly. I got nothing back.
"Stefan," Damon kicked him beneath the table and Stefan's face shifted back to normal. He was breathing heavy and his hands clenched together.
"I need to get out of here," he breathed.
I frowned. "Are you alright?"
"I can hear them, every single heartbeat in this room."
I slid from the stool and grabbed my bag. "C'mon, let's go." I encouraged softly.
Damon grabbed my arm. "What are you doing?"
"Getting Stefan out of here, Damon. He's struggling and if I'm being honest with you, so am I."
Something flashed through Damon's eyes and one side his lips curled. "I've got an idea."

He led Stefan and I out the side door and then disappeared back inside for a moment. "How're you holding up?" I asked.
"Better. The smell was beginning to overwhelm me." I placed a hand gently on his back.
"But you ignored it. You didn't hurt anyone."
"I could have though."
"But you didn't."
"How're you feeling? Your hunger?"
"Not as bad as yours I don't think. But I haven't been around any fresh-" a strong, rich mouth-watering smell wafted over us. I suddenly felt the loss of my own control and my eyes itched as they changed, my teeth sharpened. ". . .blood."
My eyes quickly found the source and I felt a flush of betrayal as I found Damon standing beside a silent blond woman, her neck had been torn into and blood was flowing freely. I couldn't drag my eyes away and I watched as the crimson liquid glided down her exposed skin.
"What is this?" Stefan demanded, tightly.
"I'm showing you that embracing who you aren't isn't a crime, Stefan. You're a vampire. Be one." Damon replied.
"I'm not going to kill her."
"I'm not asking you too, simply feed. It's your choice whether she dies or not."
The woman made no sound but her heart thudded erratically in her chest, pumping her blood around faster. My breathing picked up and my hands clenched at my side, nails digging into my palms, anything to distract me from the gut-wrenching hunger burning within me. How could Damon do this to us? To me.
"C'mon Stefan, just a little taste, what's it going to hurt. So there might be one more dead person in the morning, the worlds over populated anyway."
His quick disregard for human life surprised me. It shouldn't have, it's Damon but sometimes I forget just what it is he's capable of. I pretend that he's the good guy, my knight in shining armour. But he's not. And he never has been.
The woman neck was exposed more as Damon tilted her head further to the side, he leaned in close, inches away. "Either you do it Stefan and give her a chance at surviving or I kill her right now."
I swallowed back my fears and the build-up of saliva, but that did nothing to snap me out the bloody trace. I found focus on anything else. The smell was intoxicating, teasing my ever sense, flaunting its delicious taste. Damon shoved her forward toward Stefan. And suddenly everything changed. Stefan didn't get a chance to make his choice because I made it for him. I lost all control over my body and instincts and I lunged forward, latching onto her bleeding throat, sinking my own teeth into her soft, delicate skin. Feasting on the very substance that gave her life. And not a single part of me fought against it. I indulged myself, drinking down everything that was offered to me. And I was vaguely aware of the frantic calls of my name. But I was too far gone, reality had disappeared and I was left with a nightmare I couldn't control. A nightmare, I didn't want to control.
Hand grasped me tightly and tossed me away. A bitter snarl ripped from my chest, threatening those who would steal from me. That was my human, my food.
"Lillie! Stop!" I could hear my name, but nothing was making sense. Everything was lost on me. Drowning beneath the monster covering my surface.
Something touched my face and I pulled away growling. But it came at me again, stronger this time, stronger than I was. "Focus on me, Lillie. Listen to my voice." It was familiar, but I couldn't see who it was. The only thing my eyes would focus on was the bleeding woman, who was still alive, barely but breathing.
"Stefan get that woman out of here now."
"You did this, Damon! This is on you. You just did this to her - she's never going to forgive you."
"Now, Stefan!" The bleeding woman was helped to her feet and lead away from me. Purely instinctually a whimper passed my lips. I was hungry and my food was being taken away from me.
Warm hands, touched my cheeks and then held them sternly, angling me to look away. I found my eyes locked with worried pools of blue. "You're okay, just listen to me and you'll be okay."
"Damon?" My voice was nothing above a whisper. A broken tormented whisper.
Damon let out a relieved sigh. "Thank god." He pulled me into his arms and kissed my forehead. "I'm so sorry."
"I was going to kill her. . ." I trailed off. "I almost killed her."
"But you didn't." He reassured in my ear.
"Why did you do that, Damon? Why would you put us through that?" I pulled myself away from him. His touch did nothing to comfort me. The betrayal of what he had just done, burned deep and brightly inside me. I knew he was capable of horrible things, but I didn't think he would stoop this low. "I almost killed her because of you." Tear attacked my eyes and slid down my cheeks. This was the first time feeding from a human since having my emotions switched back on and it made me realise just how much control I had lost to my vampire side when I died.
"I'm disappointed in you Damon," my voice cracked and my tears continued to fall. "I thought you loved me. I though you cared."
"I do-"
"That someone wouldn't have forced this upon us. You wouldn't have tried to break me. God, I'm so disgusted with myself – in you!"
"I never meant for this to affect you as it did."
"Then what did you expect?" I demanded, angrily. "A hug? A kiss? Another dead body? I'm not like you Damon. I care about them, about humans. My family is human; I was human not that long ago. I don't want to kill, I just want to live and I can't do that if I want to kill everyone around me. And I can't do that if I'm with you either."
Something changed in Damon. His jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed. "What are you saying?"
"I'm saying, we're over. Whatever it was that we had going on, it's done. You might care and you'll have your odd moments when you show it, but you'll always want to fix me like you do Stefan- make me like you. Why can't we be enough this way? Why couldn't I be enough?" I chocked on deep sob. I didn't want to break up with Damon, it was the last thing that I wanted to do – I loved him. More than I could describe in words but I won't be a killer. I can't. I won't fall back into the person I was with Klaus. The nightmares of the people I killed still haunt me, I wouldn't survive having to add any more people to the list.
"No," he said. "I won't accept that. Do you think I spent the entire summer looking for you, hunting you down and then protecting you only to have you turn your back on me now?"
"I'm not turning my back on you, Damon. I love you, I won't change that," I cried. "but you keep wanting to change me." His face shattered the remains of my heart. It looked like a man who had been completely destroyed. And I did that. I hurt him again. I keep hurting him. I can't do that anymore. This is for his benefit just as much as mine. "I love you, Damon." I whispered before speeding off and disappearing into the night.

I made it home in record time, but my tear had yet to stop. I couldn't control it, the continued to fall. After brushing a tear away, another replaced it. It was a continuous cycle. I crumple beneath my bed covers. Doing my best to cower away from the horrors that had become my life.
"Are you okay?"
I jumped and whirled around, defensively. "Stefan!" I snapped. "Don't do that to me."
His face was soft. "I'm sorry, I thought you knew I was here."
"Yeah, well I didn't." I said in defeat.
"How're you feeling?"
"Is she alive?" I asked, ignoring everything from before.
"Yeah, I gave her my blood and healed her, she's fine."
I forced a smile. "You resisted her, Stefan. You're stronger than you thought."
He shook his head. "It wasn't that. I wasn't focused on my hunger; it was the last thing on my mind. I needed to make sure you were alright – you kept me anchored, away from the temptations."
"No," I said. "It wasn't me. You need to see your strength sometimes, believe in yourself. You're a ripper Stefan, yet tonight you resisted fresh blood being thrown at you. You should be proud of yourself. It's not easy. I know that now. I took it for granted before. I hadn't, since turning my emotions back on, had to be around fresh blood so I pushed what it does to me to the back of my mind – I ignored it, pretended it didn't exist. I was pretending that I was normal again, Stefan.
"And I know now, that that was a dangerous game for me to play. I was putting people at risk. What if Elena or Ric had cut themselves round me? I don't have the strength to stop. You and Damon had to physically rip me from her dying body to get me to spare her and it wasn't willingly on my behalf. I wanted to feed until the last drop of blood left her body – even after you took her away."
Stefan took a seat on the edge of my bed and took a hand in his own. "Damon was right tonight about one thing."
"What?"
"We're vampires," he said. "We should act like vampires. And not all vampires kill, Lillie. Your new to this, and you haven't had someone guide you through it, you've been alone. I'm not saying you should feed from people, I'm just saying you shouldn't try and hide from this part of yourself. You just need to learn control. And I'll help you."
"No offense," I said with a small smile. "But you don't have the best control either."
His bumped his shoulder with mine. "I'm working on it too. Caroline's agreed to help me through it and in turn, I'll be your shoulder to lean on."
I squeezed his hand and rested my head against his shoulder. "Thank you Stefan."
"I heard what you said to Damon."
I stayed quiet.
"And you had every right to be angry, to lash out. But I think that before you end things with him permanently, you should take a breather and think things through."
"I got the impression you weren't the biggest fan of Damon and I."
"I'm not," he agreed. "But I'd like to know that when you finally give me a chance, that it truthfully didn't work out with Damon. You shouldn't have to think about who you want – you'd know. And you still love him, Lillie, you ended it because you're angry, not because you fell out of love. You deserve the happiness with him until he can't deliver you the happiness you want any longer." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and smoothed back my hair. "We're vampires and we literally have forever, I'm happy to wait for my time."
I looked up at him. "You're one of the best people I know, Stefan. I don't want you forgetting that."
He smiled. "I think you should get out of town for a while, take a break from Mystic falls. Away from the rest of us vampires and away from Damon – it'll give you both time to think things through."
"Where would I go?"
"Denver. Go see your brother, stay awhile and have fun."
"What about everyone here?" I hadn't thought about it before but the idea was really appealing. I missed Jeremy. I missed him bad and to be able to get out of Mystic Falls for a little while would probably do me some good too.
"I'll deal with them," he assured. "They won't mind."
I sat there, just looking at him. How could he be so kind and caring after the way I treated him at the Mikaelson's? After I rejected him. Why is he such a good friend?
"If you're going," Stefan said, moving away and standing up. "You should make a move soon. Damon's probably gone to Elena and you know that the first thing she does is to come and look for you."
I moved fast and hugged Stefan. "Thank you."