Chapter Seven

I grabbed my phone from the kitchen counter and went back outside to call Nate.

I dialled his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey Sunshine." He greeted and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"What are you doing?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Why? Do you wanna get naughty with me?" He teased.

"I'm serious, Nate!"

He laughed. "Well right now, I'm speaking to you."

"Do you think you could meet up with me? I wanna talk to you about something." I asked, rolling my eyes at his statement.

"Is everything alright?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Yeah I just wanna talk. Where do you wanna meet?"

"How about your favourite place?"

I knew exactly where he was talking about. And he acts like he doesn't remember me.

"Okay I'll be there at two so I suggest you be there before me, you know I hate waiting."

"Yeah I'll see you there." He said and ended the call.

It was 12 pm so I had 2 hours to get ready. Oh no, I have to confront those two idiots! I thought really not wanting to face them after what happened this morning.

With a sigh I walked inside and spotted Ashley who seemed to be leaving.

"Victoria, I'm sorry about what happened this morn-" she started and I could sense a whole rant coming along so I cut her off.

"Yeah, whatever, it's okay." I told her while she let out a relived breath.

"I thought you were gonna be mad at me for days."

"Well I'm not, so kudos to that!" I said sarcastically.

"Are you leaving?" I asked her.

"Yeah I told Jessie to pick me up, my parents think I stayed over at your place." She answered.

"If only they knew that I'm homeless." I muttered to myself.

"Well I should get going, Jessie is waiting for me outside. See you tomorrow." She smiled and walked out.

I walked upstairs, ready to shower and get ready until I bumped into Gerald on the staircase.

"Watch where you're walking!" I snapped.

"Not like I did it on purpose." He murmured.

"Yeah whatever, I'm going to shower." I said  making my way up until he stopped me.

"Victoria wait!" He called.

"What?!"

"Look I'm not going to apologise for what happened earlier on because I wasn't wrong, I still think you're fucking insane to apologise to that bitch and I don't really care if making sure you do the right thing involves you being mad at me." He said and I turned around to face him.

"I can make my own decisions, I don't need anyone making them for me." I said rudely.

"Victoria, you've been away from home for only a few days, you can't possibly be that homesick to put your pride down. What's the real reason that you want to get back home?" He said taking a step forward so he was just one step down from me.

"There is no other reason." I said coldly.

"You're lying." He said intensely.

"You don't know me as well as you think, Gerald." I said with a humourless chuckle.