2.7

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"Our parents thought it would be funny to give their fraternal twins similar names." Alex snorts and Alexandra forces a smile onto her face, her gaze moving towards the mess still laying on the ground.

"Enough talking for me, I need to get back to work." She excuses herself, but Alex grabs her forearm to stop her, causing her to wince.

He instantly lets go of her and she looks down at the ground when he carefully moves her sleeve up, revealing a big bruise.

My eyes widen at the view and Alex grits his jaw as he stares at it, "Who the fuck did this to you?"

"I-I, it doesn't matter."

"Of course it matters, was it your douche of a manager?" He asks angrily and she looks up at him with a pleading look.

"This job is all I have left to take care of our mom." She says weakly, and he drops his arm to his side again.

"What's wrong with mom?" He asks, and suddenly I feel like I'm intruding as I shift around on my seat.

She looks at him as a single tear slides down her cheek, "She was diagnosed with breast cancer a month ago, Alexander."

My jaw drops at the news and Alex is completely stunned, too stunned to say a single word.

So she continues, "She suddenly started complaining about pain everyday and after a week, I finally convinced her to go to the doctor to check what was wrong."

He still doesn't say a word.

"I honestly didn't think it was going to be that bad, I was hoping it was just a bruise from when her boyfriend hit–" she catches herself as she looks up in shock and I watch as Alex basically has flames coming out of his ears.

"Finish that sentence, Alexandra, finish it."

She visibly gulps before continuing, "She just recently got a boyfriend, and let's just say he's an alcoholic and although I'm the one who gets him mad, she takes the hits for me."

I watch as Alex gets up from his seat and smacks his hands down on the table, causing me and everyone around us to flinch.

"Tell your manager that you're quitting and take me to her." He orders and she looks like she wants to say no, but instead she nods when she sees his angry face.

I've never seen him this way, and it scares me as I follow him out of the building.

"I'm going to fucking kill him, I swear to fucking everything that I love. You could mess with me all you want, but my damn sister and mom is another fucking story." He keeps ranting on and on as I get into the backseat of his truck.

He slams his door shut and I jump up in my seat, listening to him cursing her manger and his mom's boyfriend.

I turn my head to the side and I gasp when I catch a quick glimpse of her manager slapping her.

Almost instantly, everyone inside the restaurant hurries out of there and I shake my head at his terrible actions.

"Why'd you gasp, Courtney? What did that fucker do now?"