Part 1

Word count: 1501
___________________________________

As I typed away on my laptop, I was praying that it wouldn't crash again before I finish my paper. I had my pencil held between my teeth, eager to finally get this assignment completed before the end of the night.

The coffee shop was pretty barren at this hour, which was a plus for me because I could concentrate much better without the distraction of my roommate. Don't get me wrong, I get along with her, but she and I have very different methods studying; I like to go to a quiet space to work, preferably with a large cup of freshly brewed coffee next to me, whereas she liked to blare music and sit with a group of friends and "study" their material when, in actuality, they would procrastinate as much as possible.

I finally completed my paper, quickly sending it in to my professor before my computer shut down right as I was exiting out of the webpage. I rolled my eyes but I was thankful it had at least it crashed after the important work was over.

I decided I had a little more time to spare before walking back to my dorm, so I opened up my book and began reading, only to be disappointed again that I was out of coffee already. I debated on going and getting another cup, but the last thing I needed at this hour was more caffeine. I can wait until tomorrow.

Deeply immersed in the pages, I almost didn't notice the barista place a steaming cup of coffee next to me. I looked up, confused, and before I could ask what it was for, he walked away. I looked down at it, and even though it smelled absolutely amazing, what if it was spiked? Who would buy me a coffee and not say anything to me?

I looked around the shop for anyone who looked like a possible candidate, when my eyes landed on a tall man, clad in a gray suit and his curly hair coiffed. His jade-colored eyes locked with mine and he stood up, walking over to me.

This man was the epitome of beautiful, stunning, intimidating, and sexy all in one. His legs took long strides to reach my booth, his fancy shoes clicking against the tiled floor.

"You looked like you could use another cup," he commented, his voice husky and alluring.

I nodded, pursing my lips. "It sure helps on a night like this."

He gestured to the bench in front of me. "May I sit?"

"Go ahead."

He sat down, placing his own cup of coffee in front of him before pulling his very expensive phone out of his coat pocket, frowning at the notification before putting it back away. "So, may I ask what a college student like you is doing at the coffee shop this late on a Friday night?" It was then that I noticed he was  British.

"What makes you say I'm in college?" I ask, blowing on my hot drink before taking a sip. Damn, he bought me a good one.

"Well, you have a backpack by your feet and your laptop has a Pittsburg University sticker on it and a Go Gorillas one under that," he noted. "Just a hunch."

"I'm studying," I said, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear and ignoring his last comment.

"On a Friday? Don't you college kids go to the bars and stuff on the weekends?"

"Other students do. I don't really, it's not my thing." College kids? How old is this guy? He doesn't look much older than me to be completely honest.

He leaned forward, his eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "This is the first time I'm meeting a college student that didn't like going out on the weekends."