Chapter 4: peace

They took her to a room, placing her onto her feet and leading her to a dark hospital like room. She passed many people seeing the form of animal faces instead of the human features she was used to, she was in awe as she looked them all in the eye deciphering what animals they were.
The man, flame, motioned for her to sit in the metal chair. She sat down easily trying to keep herself calm while he locked her in the room. She hated this room, it was like being in the hospital all over again.
Verna waited for someone to walk in.
Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.
He listened to the clock in her mind, the voice played it over and over again. Verna's head bounces to the rhythm, she tries to distract herself.
'They're coming' it coo's.
As if it was on cue the door opens as men step in, one had a pronounce panther face he was dark and evil looking but she watched him with a calm expression. Her lip twitches in a silent laugh, no one was as bad at Mitch this man was a pure kitty cat. Verna was never afraid of men who showed how dangerous they could be right on their faces as well as body language. The most terrifying people are the ones that hide their true intentions.
"Hello" she chirps, watching the man sit in front of her, she took in his sharp features and dark eyes. His face looked like an actual Panther, she cocked her head to the side. Verna clutched the table tightly, she wanted to touch his face but she couldn't, she was aware of the danger.
'Do it! Touch him! Maybe if you do he'll kill you, how great would that be? You would never have to see Mitch again' the voice pushes, Verna made no move.
"Who are you?" His voice was deep, she could see his mouth move in a way a cat would meow.
"Verna" she answered.
"Last name?" He seemed impatient.
"I forgot what it was" that was true, who was she? Verna what? That was a memory that was eaten away by the voices in her head.
"You forgot?," he looked surprised, like he had never heard of anyone forgetting their last name before.
"It's been a long time since someone had called me by my last name" she saw pity flicker in his eyes, it disappeared as fast as it came.
"Why were you on the wall and how did you get up there?" He seemed to want short answers, she thought of a way to shorten the story but with no avail.
"I climbed," she held her hands out showing off her raw bloody hands and broken bleeding nails "I was trapped in a hospital, a mental hospital because I'm crazy. Or at least that's what they said, I finally had a chance to escape from the nurse who had tormented me and I ran. I don't know where I am or who any of you are but I'm sorry. Please. I beg of you, don't take me back to that place" she looked him in the eyes, her face pleading.
Blink.
The cat man had changed just like valiant had, he had long black hair and the same dark eyes. His expression was grim, something she couldn't tell when he looked like a panther. She saw pity flash in his eyes once again, it made her stomach twist.
"Do you have any idea what the NSO is?" He clasped his hands together resting his elbows on the table and hit chin on his clasped hands.
"No" she watched him let out a sigh.
'Of course you wouldn't, it's not like you had a tv,' the voice scoffed 'he'll probably send you back, no one wants to deal with a crazy person' The voice made a good point, she couldn't deny that most people didn't want to take care of a mentally insane person.
"We are people who at a young age have been abused by a pharmaceutical company called mercilies, our DNA was genetically modified with animal leaving us with abilities humans could only dream of. We created this place on our own to protect our own," he watched her expression, she didn't know what he expected her to do. Freak out? Beg for her life? Try to hurt him? The thoughts stumped her. Even the voice in her head didn't want this man dead.
"Are you going to send me back? I would rather you not to be honest" he looked at her surprised, "I understand if you did after all no one wants to take care of a crazy person" she sighed thinking about her parents, she was a young girl when they dropped her off at the hospital. They said her imaginary friend was getting out of hand but what they didn't know that it was just the voice in her head.